Harrison Ford: Lucas already working on INDY 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As an adult viewer it was harder for me to reconcile the difference in tone between Raiders and Last Crusade than it was to digest anything in KOTCS.
I'll be there if they make another. I really enjoyed KOTCS and I'm looking forward to the DVD.

words to live by :lecture

Could very well be that Lucas wants to "redeem" the franchise. He even tried to explain away the film in some interviews and not admit that he was at fault for some of the stuff in KotCS.

It was his freaking fault in the first place! How dare he.

Frank had a great script. He chose to do his own stupid Saucer Men thing.

It took 20 years because Lucas wouldn't let go of the skull.

and as we've seen, his tastes have evolved away from the original movies.

'to something decidedly more hollow' is the end of that sentence.

Me, I'd watch it but as long as Lucas is in any kind of control I hold out no hope for it to be anything more than mediocre. Its the level he likes to work at nowadays. He even admits himself that he doesn't even try to live up to anyones expectations so what else can be said? Its gonna make a fortune anyway so it doesn't even need to come close to the originals as far as hes concerned.

But hey its not just the Lucas factor that doomed KOTCS - long delayed installments in existing franchises often are crap. After a certain amount of time passes they lose touch with what made the other ones good in the first place. T3 and Die Hard 4 are recent examples. Awful films.

people tend to praise the wrong people every single time. please watch him in guide to remebering your saints.. he played the same character sam witwiky (sp?) and that dude stanley yelnets (sp?) from holes!

I "won't admit it", because I don't believe it. Sorry, but I actually do like KOTCS just fine. It's not great and is indeed flawed, nor is it anywhere near the best in the series... but it's also not the total piece of crap or "disaster" some claim. See, even though I'm "a die-hard Indy fan" I can still at least look at it rationally and without resorting to hyperbole (there's that word again :lol) to get my opinion across.

And 70+% on Rotten Tomatoes and $800 million in worldwide box office means its neither the critical or financial "disaster" some may want to believe.

Last edited:
It was a disaster in my opinion (no exaggeration intended) and the amount of money it made makes no difference. I am glad to see that you didn't find it perfect but a lot of others don't share your opinion.

I "won't admit it", because I don't believe it. Sorry, but I actually do like KOTCS just fine. It's not great and is indeed flawed, nor is it anywhere near the best in the series... but it's also not the total piece of crap or "disaster" some claim. See, even though I'm "a die-hard Indy fan" I can still at least look at it rationally and without resorting to hyperbole (there's that word again :lol) to get my opinion across.

And 70+% on Rotten Tomatoes and $800 million in worldwide box office means its neither the critical or financial "disaster" some may want to believe.

QFT :lecture

Its not my fave of the series but its no my least fave either. I think like with many of the SW fans so many fans here had built up their expectations of the last 20 years that nothing could match it. Some will say oh yeah it could of but I have the hardest time believing that. KOTCS was a good flick and I enjoyed it as it seems many do overall. If it was a really bad flick the BO numbers would be much lower.

I would love to see another Indy Movie, but only...

If it IS an Indy Movie.

Well, from reading Ford's comments (and the fact that they're from him in the first place and not Shia) I don't think that is much of a concern anymore.

Just make it an Animated Series and be done with it Lucas.

You can always project Ford's head in there you know...

Back