Harrison Ford: Lucas already working on INDY 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it didn't. :K

Also, people do realize that 95% of that jungle chase was actually shot in a jungle, right? They used bluescreen plus backgrounds only for the most difficult stuff.

The major CGI enhancement there is adding greenery to the tracks the vehicles rode on. And that's a great asset, as I really don't know how they'd be able to do it otherwise. You can't film a fast car chase through shrubbery, period.

(Yes, I said "shrubbery"!)

Go read the latest Cinefex, anyway. The Indy IV article is a total highlight.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

No it didn't. :K

Also, people do realize that 95% of that jungle chase was actually shot in a jungle, right? They used bluescreen plus backgrounds only for the most difficult stuff.

The major CGI enhancement there is adding greenery to the tracks the vehicles rode on. And that's a great asset, as I really don't know how they'd be able to do it otherwise. You can't film a fast car chase through shrubbery, period.

(Yes, I said "shrubbery"!)

Go read the latest Cinefex, anyway. The Indy IV article is a total highlight.

Do you happen to have a link? Sounds like a great article.

INDIANA JONES:
And the Curse of Osteoperosis

Temple Interior: Day

We're inside a mystic viking temple deep in the heart of Iceland. It's cold and a thick sheen of ice covers most of the stones on the walls, ceiling and floor, making it hard to walk. A massive pit has just opened up in front of our hero, Indiana Jones and his co-adventurer/wife, Marian Ravenwood Jones. Indy, after almost falling in and rotating his arms in circles to maintain his balance on the lip of the pit, passes the torch to Marian and holsters his revolver. To cover the distance, Indy heroically pulls his whip and unleashes it's leather fury on an overhung root. We hear a loud thunderclap that reverberates throughout the cavern.

Marian looks around distraught fearing the cave is beginning to collapse.

Marian Ravenwood Jones
"Indy? Is the tunnel gonna cave in?"

Indy grimaces, trying to front the massive amount of pain...

Indiana Jones
"That wasn't the tunnel sweetheart, it was my hip!"​

All kidding aside, I think another Indy movie would be great. It'd give Lucas a chance to better himself (and distance the franchise) from KOTCS in much the same way he did with ATLC after TTOD. I'm not saying the story sucked that bad, IMO it just wasn't an Indiana Jones story (still trying to forget Tarzan Mutt). They could've kept the mysticism of the skulls based around the real myths of the crystal skulls without all the interdimensional being/UFO garbage. You just want to watch an Indy movie, marvel in a bit of theatrical history/mystique and say HELL YEAH! Not leave the theatre thinking WTF?!:whip

Last edited:
The good outweighed the bad on the last one. Really stupid climax and a refrigerator, but other than that, it was straight up Indy goodness!

So much of what people think is CGI are really miniatures and other types of effects. And it looks better than the optical effects from the other three films.

If I live to be 100, I'll never think that the CGI ants in KotCS were better looking than the real tarantulas and snakes in Raiders.

If you feel differently, hey, that's cool.

They wanted to use real giant ants, but they wanted too much. Apparently the real snakes and tarantulas felt they didn't get paid enough in the first movies so the critters went on strike.

I really enjoyed the last movie, but even if you did not enjoy it, should that be a reason to end Indy's adventurers? James Bond has had some duff movies eg tomorrow never dies. Thank goodness that did not finnish the franchise as I can't wait to see the new one.

I really enjoyed the last movie, but even if you did not enjoy it, should that be a reason to end Indy's adventurers? James Bond has had some duff movies eg tomorrow never dies. Thank goodness that did not finnish the franchise as I can't wait to see the new one.

I think they could get 2 more. They did a great job of hiding Ford's age. Overall it felt like Indy except for 2 really stupid things. Extremely nice seeing him back.

If I live to be 100, I'll never think that the CGI ants in KotCS were better looking than the real tarantulas and snakes in Raiders.

If you feel differently, hey, that's cool.

If Spielberg could have used real fire ants, he would have, but it's simply impossible to wrangle ants to do the things that the ants needed to do in the film. And the CGI ants looked great, I thought. ILM really did a wonderful job.

Note that he was comparing the CGI in KOTCS to the optical effects in the originals. Of course "real" things and creatures will always look better. The clay figures in the little Tyco mine car in Temple of Doom? Not so much.

And while I'd rate KOTCS as probably my least favorite of the series, I still think the CGI ants were better than the "real" vampire bats that were obviously just harmless flying foxes, owls that sounded like flying saucers, and pet store pythons that were supposed to be "asps."

Back