Harrison Ford: Lucas already working on INDY 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't like KOTCS, but I loved Ford's performance - I could look forward to Indy 5 just for Ford alone. Plus, of course, the merchandise.

I'm happy to hear this I thought this was Fords last Indy performance.:monkey2 I dont want the Raiders franchise to end just yet.:whip

Could very well be that Lucas wants to "redeem" the franchise. He even tried to explain away the film in some interviews and not admit that he was at fault for some of the stuff in KotCS.

Perhaps it's sort of like Rocky IV. The Rocky series didn't end on a proper closing note so Stallone did Rocky Balboa and brought the franchise to a closing note with a solid, well-done movie.

Obviously, OVERALL...whether you loved it or hated it...let's all be honest here...KotCS was NOT what everyone wanted and never reached the level of the original Indy trilogy (or at least Raiders of the Lost Ark if you feel it was better than ToD and LC) and ultimately disappointed in that regard. Yes it made a lot of money and yes, it's going to make more with DVD and merchandising...but to me, it wasn't a proper Indy adventure and didn't have the same flare as the others.

I hope this time Lucas reigns it in and even though he'll never admit his own stupidity, he is aware of it every time the critics bash his flicks. Lucas was better when he didn't stick his nose too far into business and people would say "NO!" to him. Spielberg too shares some of the blame for allowing it even to happen.

I hope with Indy V...if it does happen...we get what we want.

I'll be interested to see it (if it happens) but hopefully it doesn't end up being a franchise that just craps all over itself.

I grew to really like Indy 4 after getting over my initial disappointment. I think it helped seeing that the Darabont script really wasn't my cup of tea, and some of its best elements were used in the film anyway.

I'd definitely be anxious for a 5th installment....but I don't think it'll happen.

According to another source, Lucas has said Shia will not be at the forefront of the next movie (as was planned), it looks like Lucas could this time be learning from his mistakes.(please god!!). He really should just come up with the 'Idea', that' what he's best at. Turn that over to a Good script writer and leave the rest to Spielberg, the stunt crew & ILM.
Then we might get a return to prevous form, (I liked KOTCS, by the way, even if it did have its shortcomings).

As an adult viewer it was harder for me to reconcile the difference in tone between Raiders and Last Crusade than it was to digest anything in KOTCS.
I'll be there if they make another. I really enjoyed KOTCS and I'm looking forward to the DVD.

Mutt didn't bother me (although the name sucks) so I'm fine with him being back again.

I'm with DD - it took 20 years for them to get a "good" idea last time, I wouldn't hold my breath. Even if it does happen, Lucas has a huge level of creative control over this franchise and I don't see him letting go of it - unfortunately he will make the movie the way he wants it (hasn't he said in interviews that he doesn't really listen to critics or other reactions, but just makes what he wants?), and as we've seen, his tastes have evolved away from the original movies.

Back