Harrison Ford Interview in new Men's Journal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With "Pirates 4" being the Fountain of Youth, I doubt they'd put Indy in anything that felt like that. Not sure what is exciting about the Garden of Eden exactly. I mean, there's no skull or ark. Indy needs that 'thing'.

After the aliens in this one, it's also gonna be hard to go back to mystical "God" stuff. Figuring out a good premise with a good McGuffin for Indy 5 is a real trick.

Maybe something out of the Da Vinci Code type thing.

I doubt Lucas is really paying attention to Pirates, and I think Indy 5 would come out before a Pirates 4. I just have a feeling that a Pirates 4 isn't going to happen, at least not in the next 5 years. And if there is going to be an Indy 5 those involved know it has to happen soon before Harrison passes the 70 yr mark. But who knows? And they should stay as far away from Da Vinci Code/National Treasure type stuff as they can.

I agree Indy needs some sort of artifact, if only to sell toys and have an 'icon', but discovering a mystical location seems pretty good too whether it be Shangri-la or Atlantis or the Bermuda Triangle - that's even more a part of archeology than grave robbing/treasure hunting. An Indy 5 should stay away from political 1960s stuff IMO and focus on a more distant land regional mysticism hearkening back to TOD. They've done jungle - twice now, Indian temple caves, and a desert - an adventure in snow covered mountains seems like a good new exotic location.

an adventure in snow covered mountains seems like a good new exotic location.

I totally agree with you on this. A snowscape would be great for Indy. Last time he was in snow was at Marion's bar. I wonder though if that poses problems for his attire? He might not be able to get too deep in snow with just a fedora and leather jacket. But it wouldn't bothe rme too much if he had a parka for one scene. I mean, he wore a suit for all the Venice action in LC. And he was sans jacket for the Cairo street stuff. So why not a big parka over his usual gear in the snow. I'm good with that, just to see some snow action.

I'd also like to see him underwater...in one of those old diver suits with the copper helmet. 'Course if its 60's that won't play.

For me, Indy just doesn't sit well in the 60's. It's just not his decade. It's too modern, even now. The space age and the tech age seemed to have begun then and it just doesn't have that old serial feel that is such a part of Indiana Jones. The 50's is really the last of the "old-world" feel decades.

Or just see him shivering his ass off. Seeing Indy uncomfortable and snarky is entertaining, Ford is good in that mode. Finally a reason to have his jacket zipped. :lol

The way to get around the 60s thing is to set him in a more remote, less technologically advanced region ala TOD.
And you can have Indy address the changing times like in The Wild Bunch, that his era is fading... like Shangri-la. :D

I remember hearing that there were already talks of an all-new trilogy of Indy films, in which Shia would become the main man in the final installment, before going on his own. Here's a similar story:

https://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/16/rumor-shia-labeouf-signs-on-to-indiana-jones-5-6-and-7-city-of-aliens/

"Steven Spielberg is currently hard at work filming Indiana Jones 4. Could Indiana Jones 5, 6, and 7 be far behind? I kid you not. IESB is reporting that Shia LaBeouf, who plays Indy’s son in the fourth adventure, signed a contract which gives Paramount the option to bring LaBeouf back for three sequels."

Here's a direct link to the original story:

https://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2856&Itemid=99

I have no doubt that we'd see Mutt back in Indy 5 whether Indy is the star or just a cameo.

Eh, I'm not a fan of someone taking up the Indy mantle, although if he's not calling himself Indy then its not like he's taking over the role so it may not bother me much. As for having an Indy 5 Shangri-La could be cool. I was hoping this one would deal with the Amber Room, perfect way to go from Nazi's to Soviets. The whole aliens idea really does not excite me much....

As long as the 60's Indy isn't in Viet Nam.

Can you imagine treating that the way they dealt with Nazis? Short and sneaky Viet Kong soldiers that bumble about like Clouseau's Kato.

Ahhhh so, Dr, Jones.

I thought about a return of Short Round, and I'd like that but I think it might be jarring to see the character as an adult. Maybe as a cameo and not a full fledged sidekick. I think they really like the Mutt character and would want to develop him further and groom him to inherit the hat & whip.

Back