More INDY 5 "News" Per Ford

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South Park episode...Steven and George rape indy....its funny...but Steven should've been left out. Its all Lucas' fault.

southparkindy2ze3.jpg

To me...that is not funny. Disturbing yes, funny no. I used to watch South Park after it started but got tired of it. I am not interested in it anymore.

Plus, I hate seeing three of my favorites in a scene like that.

Southpark used to be funny. Now it's just poor taste and done more to get an artificial "shock value" out of all the 9-year-olds who sneak into another room to watch it on Comedy Central. It appeals to the same individuals who consider "giggin" fun.

Southpark used to be funny. Now it's just poor taste and done more to get an artificial "shock value" out of all the 9-year-olds who sneak into another room to watch it on Comedy Central. It appeals to the same individuals who consider "giggin" fun.

I agree. I used to like it during the first few seasons. Back then it was funny...to a point. Now it is just tasteless and crude done for the "shock value" thing. Even that is getting old now too.

My first reaction to KOTCS was disappointment. Not "shocked" disappointment like many fans, though. I never liked LC and felt it went too far off base; too much humore, Indy was just a prop for Connery's jokes, Marcus Brody became a moron, etc. So, I was pretty much alone in knowing for the full 19 years that a 4th film would suck hard. I got what I expected. Then my wife got it from netflix. I watched it about 10 more times. I have to say, I now really like certain parts a lot. From the moment Mutt rides onto the train platform to the moment he and Indy are captured in the cemetery is great. I really love the chunk of it. The beginning would be OK, if you removed that damned fridge stunt. Maybe remove the whole model town sequence for good measure. When Marion shows up the whole thing gets far too light-hearted, considering what's going on in the story. Where's that rage, sorrow and intense drama we saw in Raiders when he strolled back into her life?? They didn't have a kid then, and it had only been ten years instead of twenty. I love the "family moment" sequence in the back of the truck. Love the way Marion delivers her lines with that gag in her mouth :lol The Akator stuff was cool as far as the city goes. Wish there had been far more of it. Didn't the title promise a "kingdom", not two structures? I feel like it should have looked a lot more like level 1 of 'Emperor's Tomb'. Ditch the aliens! Does NOT work in an Indy movie! Sohuld have left it ambiguous; a sort of "Did we just see what I think we saw?" moment. ONE skeleton, put the skull back on, the temple starts to collapse as they escape, lose the saucer and the fully fleshed alien. Leave it up in the air as to if the skull was an actual alien head or just one hell of a deity carving that sprung a trap. The other films left it open to a bit of interpretation. You never saw god himself step out of the Ark, did you? Shiva didn't show up in ToD and Jesus had no cameo in LC.

I would say I liked about half of it overall. It also made me see, after 19 years, the LC isn't that bad!! :lol :lol So I'm thankful to KOTCS for that: it gave me back LC. I would definitely see a 5th film. It would be better. The biggest factor is that all involved have not done this in 19 years. They've all gone on to stuff far different from Indy, and I feel like this initial return was just rusty and a bit out step. Totally understandable.

Wow, Sean. Your view, and my view about The Last Crusade are VERY different. I remember being overjoyed that Sean Connery was cast as Indy's Dad. So, my two favorite actors, Ford and Connery in the same movie? Oh yeah, I was there on opening day. Loved the interaction between them. The script was well-written, and really fleshed out Indy's past that we didn't know about before TLC, and his difficult relationship with his father. I was a big fan of River Phoenix at the time, and loved seeing him portray young Indy. He did great. I enjoyed the comic relief by Marcus Brody, and Sallah, and even the funny parts with Connery. Denholm Elliott as Marcus was such a sweet, and caring friend to Indy and his father. It was cool to see the statue of him in The Crystal Skull at Marshall College. But then I felt they dishonored his memory by having the Russians run into the statue, and the heads falls off? Just a little distasteful to me. I was sorry that Denholm passed away years before Crystal Skull was filmed. It would have been great to see him return for it. Sean Connery. Well, again I was disappointed Connery turned down the many requests to return...even for a cameo due to his "retirement". Now I hear he's out of retirement, and about to film a new movie. There could have been a few scenes in there for Henry Jones, Sr. I would have loved seeing the three generations of the Jones boys together. Indy's Dad, Indy, and his son. Henry Jones I, II, and III!

I enjoyed Crystal Skull and wasn't completely disappointed in it. I think it was the weakest of the four Indys. But I love Indy, and knew I would see it without any question in my mind. I do agree that Indy's rage wasn't really there as it should have been after seeing Marion and finding out he had a son with her he didn't know about. The argument in back of the truck was great, but very short. I agree with you too about the "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" not really being there. Yeah, two structures/sets...not a kingdom. More like a small installation of a bigger kingdom, or small part of it. Yeah, they should have left the mystery of the Crystal Skull alone. Coming out with the big alien presence for their yearning for knowledge was a neat concept, but they really didn't need to show the big flying saucer taking off and all that. Just as they did in the first three Indy movies, leave some mystery to the "McGuffin" device, as Spielberg calls it, in the movie.

I have a big sense of humor, but the "Tarzan" scene with Mutt swinging on the vines with the monkeys? UUummmm...not a good choice. :confused: We're they trying to cater to a younger crowd? Most of them nowadays who don't know Tarzan anyway? I would have left Mutt with the gang of heroes, and let him stay in the car with them at that point. I, like you Shawn, enjoyed the parts with Indy and Mutt meeting, and up to when they get to Peru and Akator. That was great. I smiled big when Marion came back on screen. I loved her return, and seeing her and Indy finally get married in the end was so great. Yeah, she mostly was there for some laughs and all that. But Indy's first love had to return and they did it. I'm thrilled about that.

I hold Indiana Jones right up there with Star Wars as my two favorite movie franchises I am obsessed with. So I'm very protective of them. I just got the exclusive Indiana Jones from Sideshow. This is THE Indy I've waited for since my Mom refused to buy me the old Kenner 12" Indy back in 1981. I vividly remember that. So, having him now is so great! :whip

I have enjoyed all four Indiana Jones movies, and I know I will go see a fifth one. I am hoping Shai Lebeouf returns, and works with Indy. I love the ending scene where he "almost" puts on the fedora. A hint of what's to come? Probably. He's in good with Spielberg having done at least four movies I know of with Spielberg attached to them. Transformers, Disturbia, Eagle Eye, The Crystal Skull. What a position to be in for a young actor!

Well said, Mike! The Brody statue thing made me frown, too. But that was the point. There are echoes of Indy's relationship to his Dad between he and Mutt through out, even before they learn the truth. Think of the motorcycle chase in LC. Indy keeps looking to his Dad for approval of all the clever things he's doing to escape, and all he gets in return is that sour, disgusted look from Sr. Same thing there in KOTCS. Hell, they even did it in a motorcycle chase! :lol It was intentionally designed to reflect those moments in LC, to create the Father/Son connection. I just wish they could have used a device other than the decapitation of poor Marcus.
There's also a moment after Mutt facilitates their escape from the Reds where Indy mutters the word, "Intolerable!"; one of his Father's favorites. And of course, in the end, when he calls him "Junior" for the first time.

The Mutt-as-Tarzan thing, intolerable! :lol Lucas is a big Tarzan fan, which is fine. But do what every other film maker does; go make OTHER movies to satisfy your vast array of interests. Stop trying to awkwardly jam them all into two franchises :lol I love ol' George and would happily pay to see an alien film he made. But to see them hammered into an Indy film, well, it's like watching the Millenium Falcon hit a wormhole and end up on an adventure through 1930's Chicago, just because George always wanted to make a gangster movie! :lol

Back