Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have kept all of the Harmy stuff in here in one thread. :dunno

We are still a little ways off before getting 2.0 of jedi though.

Stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late last night and watched The Empire Strikes Back. The disc played flawlessly and I can't wait to go onto Return of the Jedi.

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

I cannot wait to check out Return of the Jedi.

I am literally hanging from the rooftops with excitement.

Anybody on the fence should jump into these. Totally worth getting. Can't wait for ROTJ like the others on here.

All PM's replied to.

Some of you I have reached out to a bunch of times... If you finally decide, please touch base at your convenience.

If anyone still needs these bad boy, hit me up !

The goal is to put the best versions of the unadulterated Original Trilogy into the hands of true fans.

You know watching these films in all of their unaltered glory in HD made me realize how many pointless and stupid changes Lucas has made to the OT.

i actually find the very 1st SE's to be tolerable and does have some nice little extra scenes that i think does add somewhat to the films. All the other SE's after that just ruined it. Like for instance luke being greeted by biggs before the death star assault i like. I kinda like the extended scene with the wampa getting his arm severed by lightsaber. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros with the SE's :slap

Harmy has hit the big time !

One of the fanedit communities own has been hired by UltraFlix to help with their 4K conversions. Harmy, famous for his Star Wars Despecialized Edition, confirmed the news over at OriginalTrilogy.com.

From TechHive: "According to UltraFlix executives, celluloid film contains enough information to reconstruct an 8K copy. Harmy will be asked to help restore, reconstruct, and enhance these older films into something that looks fresh and clean for the digital age.

i actually find the very 1st SE's to be tolerable and does have some nice little extra scenes that i think does add somewhat to the films. All the other SE's after that just ruined it. Like for instance luke being greeted by biggs before the death star assault i like. I kinda like the extended scene with the wampa getting his arm severed by lightsaber. Unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros with the SE's :slap

I agree. I like some tiny things... like you mentioned the Biggs scene. I also like Han running into the whole battalion of troopers instead of the same few he was chasing. Makes more sense for the freakout and retreat.

I don't mind at all the matte line clean up and some ship and perspective changes. But the Greedo BS, and lots of other stuff just kills me so much.

Has anyone created or found someone who is selling custom blu-ray cases that feature vintage SW art that we can put these discs in? I hate having to pick up this dumb box every time I want to take out the movies (the original SE discs are long gone):

IMG_0239_1.JPG

It seems like all the custom covers I come across online require you to have a sweet printer and paper, print them out, cut them up, put them in an empty case you buy separately, etc. I just want on "Buy it Now" where I click and the whole deal arrives at my doorstep a few days later.

I hate those stupid blu ray box sets with cardboard sleeves. I always hate taking the disc out. :mad:

Greetings! I just found this online and I will admit, I have been trying to get my hands on the despecialized editions without success. I am curious though, is the offer to get these disks still available if I pot 50 times ... that would be amazing. I do own the blu ray set so I am not trying to support piracy or anything ... I just want the originals in HD and colored correctly!

Back