Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh, I thought Harmy only offered these on Blu-ray. Would be great if I could watch them on my desktop (still need to get a blu-ray player).

You can watch them via computer. Download Harmy's SW and then download the VLC player, it works just fine.

Phew. I was worried that after Harmy's work was mentioned in those big articles last year that the Empire would find out about his little operation and shut him down.

I have it on good authority that as long as he never sells his work directly LFL is just as happy looking the other way.

While they (Disney) have added a lot of corporate red tape to things (and Katheen Kennedy reports directly to Bob Iger) Lucasfilm is still technically its own entity and the group there is still "calling the plays on the ground."

Im curious as to how far Harmy has come with ROTJ 2.0, wasn't it said it would be done faster than the others since it had
the least amount of SE crap to remove? I have no idea the process that Harmy has to do to make these but i'm very interested
to see how he improved ROTJ :lsvader

Well there was a change of plans.

He ended up being able to get a scan of the original print.

So... he didn't have to "de-specialize" them (which is why he said it would take less time, less to change back), but he does have to perform clean up.

If you watch the video, clean up is done on a frame by frame basis, so it still take much time.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0dtCY1O9WXzYk5jb195NTdDRzA/view[/video]

Patience padawan.

Beyond significant.

So well worth the upgrade then. :)

Well there was a change of plans.

He ended up being able to get a scan of the original print.

So... he didn't have to "de-specialize" them (which is why he said it would take less time, less to change back), but he does have to perform clean up.

If you watch the video, clean up is done on a frame by frame basis, so it still take much time.

[video]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0dtCY1O9WXzYk5jb195NTdDRzA/view[/video]

Patience padawan.

As will this one by the sounds of it!

Believe me, jimmy is understating it when he says the upgrade is beyond significant. :) We're talking going from "okay" VHS quality to near blu-ray. And that's just the 1.0! :D

:cool:

Really looking forward to receiving all three!

Back