Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word on the street is there may be an OT Blue Ray release by Disney next year. Even if this true, look what happened with the official blue rays from a couple years ago. The colors were way off. Harmy's version might still be superior to any official product.

Word on the street is there may be an OT Blue Ray release by Disney next year. Even if this true, look what happened with the official blue rays from a couple years ago. The colors were way off. Harmy's version might still be superior to any official product.
What street is that, Sesame? Disney doesn't own the distribution rights to those films... They'll eventually get the rights to ESB and ROTJ, but not ANH. Unless Fox sells or leases it to them...

I don't expect any official release to actually be able to match Harmy's at this point. As others have mentioned he painstakingly corrected all the colors and many things that even Disney restorations of their own films often miss.

Got my SW 2.5 and ESB 2.0 blu rays yesterday. 0f course I watched ESB immediately and freakin' wet me pants! Sweet Jesus I've seen the light!

"Bring my shuttle."

Hell's Yeah!

Got my SW 2.5 and ESB 2.0 blu rays yesterday. 0f course I watched ESB immediately and freakin' wet me pants! Sweet Jesus I've seen the light!

"Bring my shuttle."

Hell's Yeah!

Congrats on getting them. It's really the only way to watch them IMO. I just watched ESB on the plane, was really nice to have the original trilogy available on the iPad.

I watched these all day yesterday until I had to go to xmas dinner. These were my favourite gift to myself (it must've been fate that these got delivered for xmas.) My goal now is to make custom dvd cases for them and I wanna go vintage!

m6fgU2G_Vf9_o0EAJg-ldZw.jpg

I've enjoyed the Harmy editions but this past week the "Renegade Grindhouse" ESB made it's way online and it's worth checking out. It is a HD telecine scan of of a 35mm print from 1980.

No digital touch up has been done, this is like sitting down and watching an old print projected on screen.

No CG, no new Emperor, no SE lies. Well worth a download. Look it up.

I don't expect any official release to actually be able to match Harmy's at this point. As others have mentioned he painstakingly corrected all the colors and many things that even Disney restorations of their own films often miss.

Agreed. He's gotten FAR closer to the original look and feel of the movies than I'm sure an official release would even try to (it's hard to imagine a Disney restorer doing the kind of research he did, for instance, or pulling elements from a variety of different prints to achieve the most accurate look).

Anyone clamoring for new official blu-rays should really just save themselves the trouble and download the Harmy versions instead.

I know I never get tired of watching them.

Agreed. He's gotten FAR closer to the original look and feel of the movies than I'm sure an official release would even try to (it's hard to imagine a Disney restorer doing the kind of research he did, for instance, or pulling elements from a variety of different prints to achieve the most accurate look).

Anyone clamoring for new official blu-rays should really just save themselves the trouble and download the Harmy versions instead.

Amen :goodpost:

I got Harmy's email update...I can't wait for RotJ 2.0. My kids need to see the ORIGINAL trilogy as it was. :(

Huh, I thought Harmy only offered these on Blu-ray. Would be great if I could watch them on my desktop (still need to get a blu-ray player).

Back