Premium Format Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sideshow isn't DCD. But, if they can't do it, then fully sculpted won't be a complete disaster. I still think it comes down to choice of material.

Sideshow isn't DCD. But, if they can't do it, then fully sculpted won't be a complete disaster. I still think it comes down to choice of material.
I know Sideshow can do a better job but that was just the first example that came to mind.

Fact is, even at real life scale, leather is difficult to shape. A lot of pieces need to be sewn together for it to work. All of which will be infinitely difficult at 1/4 scale with a leather one-piece that is supposed to look both tight fitting and manoeuvrable.

That's why I emphasized material. I wouldn't expect them to use real leather. If they did it would have to be extremely fine, and I bet that would cost a ridiculous amount.

My imagination is thinking of something that looks and endures like leather, but doesn't have the price tag or problems inherent in tailoring it. That material may not exist, in which case, paint her up.

Harley is in spandex though. If they learn from the mistake they made with Baroness (location matters when it comes to seams), they could be successful. But, if it's not going to be form fitting, or if it's going to compromise the sculpt in any way, they should definitely not bother. Curves come first. Everything else is secondary.

Not sure if this has been discussed here. Considering there is no WW on the OP's art piece. Would Harley come after Supes?

Well Supes was suppose to be up for PO this year, but he has been pushed back, so has the preview for WW. So it is anyone's guess when anything will come out.

That's why I emphasized material. I wouldn't expect them to use real leather. If they did it would have to be extremely fine, and I bet that would cost a ridiculous amount.

My imagination is thinking of something that looks and endures like leather, but doesn't have the price tag or problems inherent in tailoring it. That material may not exist, in which case, paint her up.

Harley is in spandex though. If they learn from the mistake they made with Baroness (location matters when it comes to seams), they could be successful. But, if it's not going to be form fitting, or if it's going to compromise the sculpt in any way, they should definitely not bother. Curves come first. Everything else is secondary.

:exactly: You speak for every man that admires the female form. There must be no compromise on this. If she doesn't look right in mixed media, she should be fully sculpted. Catwoman also falls into this category for me as well. A woman's curves should always be seen IMHO.

I am a huge fan of mixed media so I hope they can do cloth.

However, I have the DCD Cover girl Harley and she looks fantastic fully sculpted so I am not too worried if she has to be fully sculpted.

This will be my second pf ever so I am excited:yess:

I say, I hate clowns but that concept of Harley is straight up fire!!

I personally prefer full sculpted but I wouldn't mind mixed media if they can pull it off.

Me too it'll be interesting to see what they can accomplish with the mixed media, how close the can come to leather look

Real Letha!! Lol
JiFa-The%20Leather%20Man.jpg

I'm hoping for mixed media as I plan on posing them next to Joker. The material of his outfit makes a huge difference.

I dont mind sculpted but Id like continuity within the line.

After all, isnt that supposed to be the distinguishing factor behind the PFs and comiquettes?

I'm hoping for mixed media as I plan on posing them next to Joker. The material of his outfit makes a huge difference.

I dont mind sculpted but Id like continuity within the line.

After all, isnt that supposed to be the distinguishing factor behind the PFs and comiquettes
?

It used to be, now it just means 1:4 vs 1:5 scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back