Premium Format Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife like Harley Quinn, but I simply cannot justify displaying a statue with nipples. Not only is it creepy, but I am pretty sure it would make my wife and daughter feel uncomfortable. I just don't understand WHY Sideshow decides to include nipples on a comic statue. :dunno

Agree 100%; I was planning on preordering the EX, but I might wait until the regular comes out and see if they remove the nipples. Other than that (or is it those?), I think the regular is perfect.

I'm not sure why it's creepy. And why would your wife and daughter feel uncomfortable about completely covered nipples on a character with a skintight outfit, but not big boobs on the same character with no nipples?

It's never going to be $299, but she better NOT be more than $349.99.

I hope it's not 375.00, because they can charge that because they know people will buy it. I mean storm came with a big base, 2 heads, a cape, extra hands, and she was only 325.00 I believe. I hope this won't be more than 349.99 as well.

I'm not sure why it's creepy. And why would your wife and daughter feel uncomfortable about completely covered nipples on a character with a skintight outfit, but not big boobs on the same character with no nipples?

Sorry but I agree there's nothing bad about nipples that are covered up. Even harleys pose is not sexy. I've seen so many more that is worse. Most likely no one will even notice if you display her. :wave

It's never going to be $299, but she better NOT be more than $349.99.

Punisher was $359 with no extra head...my guess is that this one will either be $359.99 or $369.99. The Joker was $349.99 which may be the one reason this one stays in that same area. But it won't be any lower than $349.99.

Real women do indeed have nipples; as a woman myself, its a no-brainer. However, Harley has never struck me as a seductress, though and so the fact that she is sporting these so prominently is offputting. Harley is cute and rather sweet, with a touch of lets-kill-the-Bat thrown in - she should not be a full-on seductress.

Nipples hanging out makes men happy, true but everyone else is wondering "does this detract from the 'flavor' of the character?" And this strikes me as dissonant with the feel of the original character from the cartoon. Dini or Dodson [comics] would never portray her like this.

He would portray her like this:

110557931-260x260-0-0_dc+direct+harley+quinn+mini+statue+special+order+s.jpg

....and IMO this portrayal of the character has yet to be surpassed.

Women with nipples displayed prominently get A LOT of unwanted attention from men; women IRL know this and behave according to whether they want that attention or not. But Harley is looking for the approval of the Joker only, pretty much and so asking for attention from every passing man strikes some fans of the character as, well, really out of character for her.

Im a little disappointed that SSC took the low road in this fashion.

I own that statue! The big version. Does it go for anything? lol

Just when i think im out, they pull me back in. Aye Caramba, gonna need a another job!!!

I'm utterly shocked nobody has created a nipple poll yet :monkey3

Nipple talk again! Nipple, nipple, nipples :lol sorry if I'm making anyone angry but every time I move on another nipple talk pops back up. What nipples? I can barely see them with the thick fabric.

Nah he obviously has no problem promoting insane serial killers with huge breasts, a skin tight outfit, and a ridiculous waist. If that character has actual nipples though then it's game over not fit for his daughter. She shouldn't be raised believing nipples are alright, but it's cool if she is into maniac criminals.

Nah he obviously has no problem promoting insane serial killers with huge breasts, a skin tight outfit, and a ridiculous waist. If that character has actual nipples though then it's game over not fit for his daughter. She shouldn't be raised believing nipples are alright, but it's cool if she is into maniac criminals.
It's got nothing to do with the nipples. Large breasted women need the support of a bra. Safe clothing practices should be taught from a young age :lecture

It's got nothing to do with the nipples. Large breasted women need the support of a bra. Safe clothing practices should be taught from a young age :lecture

With the health of this forum DC can turn Harley into an ideal role model for developing girls.

My wife like Harley Quinn, but I simply cannot justify displaying a statue with nipples. Not only is it creepy, but I am pretty sure it would make my wife and daughter feel uncomfortable. I just don't understand WHY Sideshow decides to include nipples on a comic statue. :dunno

Agree 100%; I was planning on preordering the EX, but I might wait until the regular comes out and see if they remove the nipples. Other than that (or is it those?), I think the regular is perfect.

LOL did you really just complain about nipples? :slap Wow. Anyway, pass for me (not 'cause of nipples) and please SS bring on WW. And as for heels on a woman, I think they look great. :)

I just went to the Statue Forum thread on this out of curiosity (wanted to see if people are moaning all day there too) and someone pointed out that in the art they based this statue off of her nipples are quite apparent there too. It's a pretty big detail to completely leave out to make blaming Sideshow and complaining all day quite easy :lol Everyone wanted it based off the art and they did and now they get punished because of it :lol

hmm nipples seem to be a sticky issue here.
FYI: Marky Mark have 3 nipples.....women love em that way right?

Someone convince me to skip this one and wait for the princess please!

hmm nipples seem to be a sticky issue here.
FYI: Marky Mark have 3 nipples.....women love em that way right?

Someone convince me to skip this one and wait for the princess please!

:gandalf Thou shall not Pre-Order Harley!!!

Really though, if you like it and want it, go for it. But if it doesn't knock your socks off, or make you want to jump on it as soon as you see it (not literally) then odds are you'd just be buying to satisfy that Pre-Order itch everyone gets when something new comes out. If it's something you feel would fit perfectly in your collection and will last there for years and years, for sure, go ahead and PO.

If it's something that you can live without, then I'd say wait for the princess...loads of more releases are coming every few months...your money won't be with you long, so choose what you love :)

300227_press03.jpg

Honestly this here is the image of choice on deciding to get this. DONT ZOOM IN. I think inspecting these things from bizarre angles at max magnification gives the wrong impression of a statue. You need a decently zoomed out full shot of the statue as it would be seen in a shelf.

This piece is amazing. Her expression is perfect. It combines a look of mischief, happiness, craziness, and sadistic joy. It captures every aspect of the character over the years. The positioning of the eyes works really well too along with the angle of her head. They really made this piece look alive in a lot of ways. It's very natural.

Her outfit looks fantastic. It gives a realistic approach to an outfit rarely treated as such. The fabric looks top notch and it maintains her curves in a way that makes sense. People go on and on about sculpt, but I think they forget the benefits of mixed media. It makes this costume really look above and beyond. It gives it a touch of realism that isn't seen in typical body paint approach sculptors love to do.

Her pose is great. The positioning of her legs adds an element of playfulness to it. The base matches up with Joker, but also looks good on her own so everyone wins. Finally the mallet looks awesome.

It's an A+++ piece with the regular head. I really like it. I'm disappointed with the EX and not sure what to think of it. I will have to see it in person when she comes, but as it stands I'm thinking I'll stick with the normal head.

In the end the only thing that can subtract from this piece is the quality control. The head is easily my favorite part. Messing up the positioning of the eyes or the teeth etc... will really kill it. Also the fabric fit could mess things up. Unlike some of the collectors I don't position her so you're staring at her ***. I don't even see the point of buying a statue like this if you're going to do that. Still, poor placement of the stichings would be a big disappointment. Improper fit would suck too. A lot can go wrong, but thankfully the core piece is awesome.

I wish they hadn't showed off Harley and had the preorder right before Ivy dropped. Honestly I'm losing interest in Ivy because Harley has caught my eye.

:gandalf Thou shall not Pre-Order Harley!!!

Really though, if you like it and want it, go for it. But if it doesn't knock your socks off, or make you want to jump on it as soon as you see it (not literally) then odds are you'd just be buying to satisfy that Pre-Order itch everyone gets when something new comes out. If it's something you feel would fit perfectly in your collection and will last there for years and years, for sure, go ahead and PO.

If it's something that you can live without, then I'd say wait for the princess...loads of more releases are coming every few months...your money won't be with you long, so choose what you love :)

As long as the nipples are included, I'm all for it! :wink1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back