Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han Solo Premium Format ?

Unless you are one of the XM haters who hate what they do no matter what.

I'm not. I find such fanboyism puerile. I don't 'hate' any company and I judge every piece on its own merits. As I said recently on the other site, XM have their fortes (bold artistic direction being one of them) and their weaknesses (with portraits being the worst, even today - Spider-Gwen is a nice change for the good, but Black Cat is still their usual simplistic, lifeless, uninteresting face imo).

Anyway, I really hope you're right and that they surprise us all

And now, back to this Solo PF.

Keeping the bases the same and making minimal changes are keeping there outlay down, slowly bumping our prices up leaving sideshow with a bigger profit. if Luke has a similar base this could be 5 premium formats with similar bases. Crazy and disappointing.

I just don't see "value" here. This is a simple sculpt, simple cut & sew, plain base, and weird choice of exclusive. If that is all I get for around $600 after shipping my days are numbered.

Putting aside the price, I'm just not feeling this one for several reasons sadly. I say sadly as I really wanted a Han PF. Taking the price into consideration and this one is easy to ignore for me. At least there's plenty of choice about these days so I can't say it will be money saved...

Putting aside the price, I'm just not feeling this one for several reasons sadly. I say sadly as I really wanted a Han PF. Taking the price into consideration and this one is easy to ignore for me. At least there's plenty of choice about these days so I can't say it will be money saved...

Exact same boat here. Perhaps someday the luke, han, and leia statues I want will be a reality but not likely anytime soon. As you said it does make it easier to pick up a few other things I have been eyeing.

Why would Han have a need to draw his blaster on the Falcon at all? Also, when did he use a Stormtrooper blaster in ESB? Last, he didn't have those 70's sideburns in Empire. Other than that it's expensive. ;)

Done with my rant.

Why would Han have a need to draw his blaster on the Falcon at all? Also, when did he use a Stormtrooper blaster in ESB? Last, he didn't have those 70's sideburns in Empire. Other than that it's expensive. ;)

Done with my rant.

Unfortunately, it looks like most pieces from Sideshow will be this price and higher in the future. But given I've pretty much moved to Iron Studio and Prime 1 for most of my movie related pieces, I'm spending more not less. But at least in most cases facesculpt production quality (actor likeness) is far superior to that of Sideshow etc.

I've only been collecting for three years and as an international collector (outside of the US) I've seen the price of these so called premium formats go from 500 AUD up to $900 AUD. Damn I really hate the falling Aussie dollar.

SSC knows that the main characters they can charge and people will buy.. there are no others out there that they compete with. The older versions look bad compared to nowadays standards.. so every star wars PF collector will sooner or later buy a Han, Luke and Leia ..

is the price to high? Yes.. unfortunately.. but its either bite the bullet or have your collection without the main characters

.. so every star wars PF collector will sooner or later buy a Han, Luke and Leia ..

is the price to high? Yes.. unfortunately.. but its either bite the bullet or have your collection without the main characters

Holding out with hope that iron studios does the main characters in 1/4 or prime one miraculously starts doing 1/3 within the next 5 years.

every star wars PF collector will sooner or later buy a Han, Luke and Leia ..

I really don't think this is the case any more. I'm a huge SW fan, I don't have a Han PF, I'd like one, but not this one. People are being more careful with their purchases as prices are somewhat out of control. I suspect it isn't enough to simply be a popular character now to sell well at this price..

I really don't think this is the case any more. I'm a huge SW fan, I don't have a Han PF, I'd like one, but not this one. People are being more careful with their purchases as prices are somewhat out of control. I suspect it isn't enough to simply be a popular character now to sell well at this price..

Completely agree.

Forgetting about the price for a second.

I love the pose. Very classic and perhaps Han's best and most iconic pose.

The face sculpt, while not 100% perfect, I feel it's very good. I'm far from disappointed.

The base is not my favorite but it's low and nice. I just hope the wall piece can be removed for a cleaner look.

The outfit is simple but well made and Han's outfit isn't complex so this is good.

Now the price. At most, judging by today's prices, this should be $499. The extra 50 bucks is the premium for buying one of the most famous characters in all of cinema. So.... I can justify the price too.

I doubt there will be an exclusive. I just hope the ES is not over 2,000.

The face sculpt, while not 100% perfect, I feel it's very good. I'm far from disappointed.

The base is not my favorite but it's low and nice. I just hope the wall piece can be removed for a cleaner look.

The outfit is simple but well made and Han's outfit isn't complex so this is good.

Now the price. At most, judging by today's prices, this should be $499. The extra 50 bucks is the premium for buying one of the most famous characters in all of cinema. So.... I can justify the price too.

There is an EX. It's an E-11 switch out blaster. Don't ask why. Your guess is as good as ours.

I agree with these points you make. :D

While I'm not overly crazy about the price; I figured the price would be higher than usual for a PF, especially a SW PF of one of the main characters.

The Exclusive for this PF has me scratching my head. :lol

No offence intended but Trevor's Ford sculpts from 2008 were better. His last few weren't great. The work he does for Tweeterhead is amazing but this misses the mark sadly.

I'm sure the sculpt is there, it's the paint apps, as usual, that aren't nailing the likeness. That being said, this version is leagues ahead of ANH Han PF. I'm torn though about whether or not to order it. I had intended to display it with my Raiders Indy PF, but I really dislike the base and I'd never display the EX. I really wish Sideshow would explain why they chose ANH accessory for an ESB piece. Unless they plan to surprise us at SDCC with a Han in Stormtrooper disguise PF. I'm just miffed that it's taken Sideshow more than a decade to give us a new Han Solo and this is what we have to work with.

aglkLK.jpg

Back