Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest round of pictures confirm that to my eye the han likeness is not very good. Perfect pose though. I am curious to see more shots of that luke.

Looking at the paint on the headsculpt which appears to be multilayered/coloured, I'm concerned that as per usual the factory is never going to match the depth of colours and accuracy. It looks just 'too' detailed. The only way for Sideshow to get it done would be to use a translucent resin of some sort or else it'll never work in production.

$550 for something that looks great is one thing, asking $550 for something that looks okay at best is quite another.

I've been waiting how many damn years for Sideshow to make a better Han Solo pf? They finally get around to doing so, and it's mediocre. It's all a bit depressing, really.

$550 for something that looks great is one thing, asking $550 for something that looks okay at best is quite another.

I've been waiting how many damn years for Sideshow to make a better Han Solo pf? They finally get around to doing so, and it's mediocre. It's all a bit depressing, really.

That's the thing really, imo I think $550 USD is going to be the going rate for their average pieces (which when compared to other companies is most of their movie related pieces) and with their premium pieces such as Thanos and Deadpool getting premium level pricing.

If $550 is the new price point for an entirely average pf, than I am indeed "out" as far as pre-orders are concerned. I will wait for a deal down the road or do without.

So is there only a 3 hour window for ordering this thing. If you read it, it says between 9-12.

So is there only a 3 hour window for ordering this thing. If you read it, it says between 9-12.

no worries.. you will have months after this goes up before anyting like "low stock remaining" will be displayed ;)

SS is going to do the same thing with Star Wars as it did with the DC comics, the main characters will have huge Edition Sizes so everyone can get them as they release 2nd tier characters later on. It's a smart move business wise.... and allows future collectors coming into the hobby to get some of the main characters... I imagine Luke and Han will have a ES of 5000+

With that said, I'm not 100% sold on either Luke or Han, I think their likeness is there but something is off, Luke looks a bit scrawny and his twisted pose is not my favorite. Han from some angles looks good but others he looks just a bit cartoony. At $550 that's a tough sale IMO... I'm really hoping that Iron Studios releases a Han and Luke soon, given their accuracy on likeness Iron Studios would be the way to go if they make them.

To me, the panel on the basis is pointless. The EX is also not too appealing. Oh, and the price is too high. Costume and pose are pretty good but going to pass on this one.

Ok but I just read it so I was like huh but that makes sense.

I do like it but sux there's no other choices. Why no do like IS and give home a few options like the breathing mask or a 2nd portrait. Seems to be a good idea and others have come with it. Wish the gun fit my Leia I'd make her hold it.

I'm split on it. In the beginning I was like hands down gonna order it. Now I'm not sure.

I've gotten kinda cold on the Solo PF. Between the base, the price, & the exclusive, I'm holding off for the moment. I'll wait for in hand pics, cause I'm sure the edition size will be up there.
I haven't really seen any (other than the tease) photos of Luke. But I'll probably do the same with him.

This is the one I was waiting for but I'm gonna pass. I think the pose looks a little awkward, the likeness isn't the best, and the paint job makes it look like he's got the measles. Great tailoring though and I'm liking the colour of fabric they've used for the jacket. The weathered belt looks great too. On the whole though I'm really disappointed with this, and that's without contemplating the price they're asking.

Back