1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No.

I want the gloves... but unlikely I will be able to get them. Too in-demand. I'm looking into making them like matrix -- either modding the extra ANH Sideshow gloves I have in a box or making real gloves out of material. I'd prefer to make them -- and use bendy hands inside the gloves so I have pose options (though bendy hands often look a bit wonky because the fingers look curved instead of jointed).

No.

I want the gloves... but unlikely I will be able to get them. Too in-demand. I'm looking into making them like matrix -- either modding the extra ANH Sideshow gloves I have in a box or making real gloves out of material. I'd prefer to make them -- and use bendy hands inside the gloves so I have pose options (though bendy hands often look a bit wonky because the fingers look curved instead of jointed).

and the other problem with bendy hands they don't stay in the wrist pegs half the time.

Recently Joey Callahan has sculpted Han in carbonite, I got mine and WOW, looks awesome. This is a perfect compromise for my wallet, I ordered an unpainted and hollow version (I would add leds in the future) he sent me a painted version. Prices: 99.99 for hollow and 149.99 for solid. The figure looks like a perfect 1/6 scale, nicely sculpted and perfectly painted, the side panels are the only thing weak imo but I don't care cause I need to rework it for add leds. Here some shots and comparison with Hasbro version that you know, it's a bit out of scale.

Cheers

H1.jpg

H2.jpg

H3.jpg

H4.jpg

H5.jpg

H6.jpg

Seems a bit small for 1/6 and is it a bit warped? Doesn't seem square or sitting flat.

And why didn't he try to make the side panels a bit more detailed? They seem so rough.

He's just gone to so much effort you'd think he would go a bit further to correct those things.

EDIT: did he sculpt this or is it a recast of a 4" or 6" Hasbro Han Carb?

As I said isn't perfect but compared with the Hasbro is truly a big step ahead. I'll try to get the side panels from Hasbro. The price is about 150$ less than the SS so, just a bit compromise like rework the panels it's ok for me.

As I said isn't perfect but compared with the Hasbro is truly a big step ahead. I'll try to get the side panels from Hasbro. The price is about 150$ less than the SS so, just a bit compromise like rework the panels it's ok for me.

Is it a recast/resize of a Hasbro figure?

Stylistically and as a stand alone piece, that is pretty awesome.

But as a companion piece to 1:6 figures it doesn't really fit in.

I see your points, but I need the blinking lights features for a dio and honestly, I can't waste money and time drilling the SS. This is an excellent compromise for my purposes.

I would say if you spent $35 on that.. it was a neat deal. But anything near $100... and I would just say you're getting into the higher end quality of things. Imagine, for $100 you can own a Neca quarter scale ninja turtle. Have you seen the detail on those? So yeah, I'd say return those crooked artistic interpretations of carbonite slabs back to the artist for a refund, you have plenty of time to save up for a legit sideshow slab of carbonite by the time those things are even shipping, and they will also likely go on sale when not everyone buys them so you can get them even cheaper. There will be no substitution. You have about 6 hours of reworking and remodeling that carbonite slab to get it anywhere near the shape it needs to be in. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but when you are doing high end collectable 1/6 scale figure displays... that is going to stick out like a sore thumb. *Shakes you by your shoulders* Don't half ass your Boba display man, just don't do it to yourself.

I have to agree with the others, $100 for that is to much, especially since it's warped.

Just wait how will look at the end, now I'm working at the Palpatine throne and I have other projects in my waiting list. It's perfectly acceptable for me to spend 70-80$ in unpainted heads and I should pay 35 for this one? I prefer this sculpt to Hasbro that even if resized in width still remain taller and the SS will be a solid piece that will be hard to drill and will be also a shame to rework as original piece. Just wait.

Back