1/6 Han Solo In Carbonite New Figure by Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't like the block base underneath it. I would've preferred a much larger heavy metal thin sheet base or something all the figures can stand on.

Looks sleek, I'm guessing those panels haven't been painted yet.... but it looks nice. I'll have to make my own stand for it.

This got a bunch of flak for the price etc., but I think it's pretty great and I'm in for this to go with my bounty hunters. Now can HT give me an ESB Lando please!

It would have been far simpler if they had done it as a gunmetal Rubik's Cube with Han's face on one of the squares.

Only lights on one control unit? And why do you have to slide it all the way out to switch it on and off?

And... the video has only had 70 views in three days. :horror

Not sure I understand the point in having the removable light up panels. Looks a bit better than I expected and I'll probably end up caving despite the fact that it's over priced.

The price is still nuts, but that does look nice. The lights DO make it look a lot better.

Not fooling me with the removable pieces. Still an over priced block of plastic.

Last edited:
Lights are nice, but how often are they used in a display ? 2% of the time ? Therefore they are just justification for a high price.

I mean they have the mould for the carbonite main piece already from their previous version.

This is just a money grab in the worst possible way. Why not price it for what it is and give the fans a decently priced accessory. It may win back some love for SS, which in my opinion is falling off big time given pricing for SS Snowspeeder Luke etc.

Price it sub $200 and they'll get more than 70 clicks I'm sure.

That video does a great job at explaining why it costs so much, but I'll just reiterate for impact, way over the top.

The design of the base doesn't make sense to me. It seems like it was designed to be a standalone piece without consideration to how it would display with other figures. The Freezing Chamber was circular, why a square base? Further, why a gloss black? The existing Bespin style stands were a flat dark gray. And it looks like the light doesn't even match, this looks more yellowish, and while IG-88's and Fett's weren't exact matches, as I recall they were a bit closer than this.

A gloss black base with blue lights. not in Bespin or Jabba's Palace, I don't know what they were going for there.

Looking at the films again, I only see that top section lights up, so I think that's correct. The issue is that while the larger light is a green, while the smaller lights should be red, not blue.

Back