Han & Luke as Stormtroopers PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look pretty good! Tomorrow can;t get her fast enough! Its been a great 7 days , Friday Regular Vader, Mondy Stormtrooper Commander and tomorrow SDCC Han and Luke!

Paint app remains Sideshows greatest challenge...that said, these look ok, but not great....

Why get such an incredible sculptor to do great portraits, but not have the paint apps deliver?

Frustrating....

so we buy these figures just to get them repainted ha ha and settle with their heads popping off and what the hell why they make han solo short ha ha

We've got a discussion thread for these figs already-- could we aim the majority of the witty banter (that's repetitive) there please and try to keep this thread for the pictures?... Thanks.

Why get such an incredible sculptor to do great portraits, but not have the paint apps deliver?

Frustrating....

:lecture

The paint apps on these are OK. But not up to Clonobi standards. Why? I have a feeling these were rushed out for SDCC. :monkey2

Still cool figures though.

so we buy these figures just to get them repainted ha ha and settle with their heads popping off and what the hell why they make han solo short ha ha

Inhalants are bad! Luke is too tall, Han is the same size as the other stormtroopers. Don't you remember the quote from the movie? It wasn't Sideshow's production of Han that failed, it was your reading comprehension.

Paint app remains Sideshows greatest challenge...that said, these look ok, but not great....

Frustrating....

im with you i totally understand where you are coming from and that is my problem i don't have the money to buy $110 figures and them buty true type figures to do biody swaps and them pay someone to repaint its like buying a car and getting a paint job on it and new engine ha ha

Great pics, much better!

Also great that SS took note of the velcro trick and added it to their TKs.

The sculpts do rock! They have such character now. I really wanted these just to replace my ANH Han and Luke. With a solid paintjob they're just too classic.

Inhalants are bad! Luke is too tall, Han is the same size as the other stormtroopers. Don't you remember the quote from the movie? It wasn't Sideshow's production of Han that failed, it was your reading comprehension.

i think you need to read the Quotes posted before mine it was a joke some one said that it wasn't luke to tall it was that han was to short ha ha a joke never mind i think it went over your head ha ha ok it was in the other thread ha ha never mind

Last edited:
i think you need to read the Quotes posted before mine it was a joke some one said that it wasn't luke to tall it was that han was to short ha ha a joke never mind i think it went over your head ha ha ok it was in the other thread ha ha never mind

I got the joke. It just wasn't funny. Are you even buying these pieces?

That was me. I wasn't joking. Stormtrooper Han will be shorter than ANH Hand.

I understand that, but he'll be the same height as the other stormtroopers, which for these figures, is the important aspect. Sideshow's already admitted that releases on the new bodies won't be height-accurate until the new modified bodies are released.

Yes nice pics, thanks ! Tracked and mine is now in my home state in a hub 3 years away. Should be making its way to Columbus sometime today and to
my house sometime tomorrow .

I got the joke. It just wasn't funny. Are you even buying these pieces?

in a way unfortunately yes cause it does look good but kind of ticked off about the height thing but i guess i have to build a brigde and get over it yes i should have it by tomorrow or friday or something

Thanks fellas!

D'oh, forgot to take a shot of the box. Sorry guys, at work now. Maybe I can grab pics when I get home and pop it up. It is the same size as the usual SSC single 12" Star Wars figure box except it is double wide. When it closes they are facing each other in the windows.

Hey rismo, how tight are the joints, and how big is the box

The joints on mine are great. They stand pretty well without stands and don't fall over if you bang on the ground/table/shelf next to them. My other Sideshow TKs on the other hand, if you just look at them too hard they will topple over.

Does the Stormtooper armor appear 'shinier' this time then with the regular Stormies? Looks like it in the pics...:confused:

Yes, the paint is different on these. It is more glossy and much nicer. There are some sloppy areas of paint on mine--around some of the edges of the armor where paint must have built up while drying, but I'm not going to get a replacement as I'm pretty confident this will be a common problem since my other 2 SSC TKs had similar issues. I will say this for the paint, though, I dropped Luke's helmet about 4 feet to a hardwood floor and it bounced 3 times. I cringed and cursed, but I looked at it closely after and not a scratch, smudge, chip or anything.

Back