Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, depending on how they pack it, it could be almost a tower type box instead of something long and wide like Jabba's throne.

Seeing as the dimensions are roughly: 10"W, 10"D, 18"H; I'm thinking the box is like: 15"W, 15"D, 22"H ?????
CURSE YOU ZOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

Awww, damn! You tease, you!

Hahahaha! I can't tell you how many times men have told me that! ;)

ChaserFan;1695104That's exactly what I want to know - pretty sure it's big (Zoom.......? Little help!:D)[/QUOTE said:
Ummmm? I didn't think of measuring it but it's not too large. It's smaller than most of the PF formats I've purchased (if that helps). You know us women, always stringing men along.... LOL!

Last edited:
Hahahaha! I can't tell you how many times men have told me that! ;)

Nice :D

Ummmm? I didn't think of measuring it but it's not too large. It's smaller than most of the PF formats I've purchased (if that helps). You know us women, always stringing men along.... LOL!

You women! :lol SMALLER than PF? Ha, well there you go - a little smaller than I imagined.

#111 is here, and it is MUCH bigger than I expected. The actual wall enviornment is too wide to fit in a Detolf. :google

I got it as a possible companion piece to the Fett PF since I can't imagine a 1/4 scale version any time soon. It actually works with some forced perspective.

There is a magnet in the wall that helps to secure the Han-in-the-box along with a straight peg.

For $200 I feel like I got my money's worth, it is a pretty sizeable piece.

Cross post from the Star Wars Action News forums. https://www.reviewstarwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=12901&p=197928#p197928

Someone called for a review. This will be similar to the Micheal Crawfords Review of the Week which is found here. https://www.mwctoys.com/ This is a great site to hang out on but does tempt you with all the coolness from other lines of collectibles. Micheal posts here sometimes doesn't he, I'm a fan. Anyways...

Packaging ***

The outer box is filled with lot of nice graphics and a write up. I'll be honest and say I didn't bother to read the bio. I'm sure someone went to great lengths to put it together, but I wanted the goods inside. Inside it is well packed in sturdy stryofoam. The base is in a separate compartment from the Han. I would see no reason why this item shouldn't arrive to you safe and sound. Interestingly enough, the box does not have any affiliation with the "Scum and Villany" line. I think the throne did but not Carbo Han.

Sculpting ****

The base and block are equisitly sculpted. The base has the look and texture of real stone. The control panel and fin details of the alcove are done very well. I was really impressed by the detail in the metal grates on the bottom under the block. I don't think they are real metal but they are done very well and cover and actual resces. I will bring it up here, the bottom step of the base is solid polystone but the rest of it is obviously very hollow. So it does not nearly have as much heft as one would think at first glance.

The sculpt on the carbonite block is done fantastically as well. I think they captured the frozen pose well. There is craxy detail on the side of the block with all the panels and such. This is a very weighty piece. Nice and solid.

The bottom of the base, back wall of the base, and back of the carbonite block are covered in black felt to prevent scratching. The edition size is on the bottom of the base.

Paint ****

The awesome work continues on. The stone have a very real multi toned paint job. There are even "run" details which kind of remind me of water trail leftovers on the wall base. The grates look rusted. It all has a very old and worn appreance befitting of Jabba's Palace. The block is a very dark granite color. There are some paint details on the side panels. All of it is very clean with no slop.

It doesn't look like there is any kind of wash over the carbonite block. So all the changes in color are due to natural effect of lighting.

Scale ***

There has been two areas of scale questions. First some think the actual block is too small. When compared to other 1/6 Sideshow figures I'd say the scale is just about right on if not just a hair too small. The Hasbro block is way oversized compared to this one. While the block is fine I would prefer the actual alcove to have been longer. It is plenty deep but you can only put about 2 figures on the stoop in front of the block. Havning a larger segment of wall would have been greatly appreciated.

Features **

For lack of a better term... the carbonite block attaches to the base via a metal peg. There is also a magnet under the peg. I would gather this is to help keep the bock centered as I think the peg would have been enough to hold it. Mangets alone are not enough. The only down side is I have to get the magnet lined up just right otherwise the block will be slightly off kilter. Not a lot, but enough to bug me.

One think this piece lacks is a light feature. With a metal peg holding the block up, there is no reason why it couldn't also work as plug for lights on the carbo block. Even a simple light on the base to shine down on the block or some lights under the grates could probably have been added for little cost, especially with the hollow insides. I could totally see someone customing up the Hasbro block with lights to add to this display.

Value ***

Where the pavement hits the road. Retail is about $200. Is it worth it? That is a hard question, much like the delima of "recommending" a film. I could easily give this piece a generic thumbs up. For the price of $200 I would have to bearly give this thing a recommend. $150 or $175 seems to be what I would value this piece, especially without lights.

However, if you have the complete Jabba set up thus far or like Carbo Han collectibles I'd say you sould probably get one.

There are 2000 of the carbo Hans. I don't know how many Jabba's thrones were made off the top of my head. I don't think you can get those for less than retail anymore, though I could be wrong. I haven't look at after market prices recently. While the Carbo Han is wait listed, it is very possible it could become gift card eligible down the road.

It is not quite worth the $200 but I don't know if you will find it for less later. From my point of view, piece of mind is always worth a few extra dollars.

I used reward points and got mine for $26. At that value there aren't enough starts to convey what a smokingly awesome steal that is. Best use of reward points ever.

Fun Factor ***

While there is not many ways to play with Carbo Han, it is fun to try to get some cool images or recreate scenes from the film. If you have Liea Boussh or a Boba Fett, this is a great compliment to either figure as a display backdrop. For such example check out some of the awesome shots in this thread:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56340&page=4

Overall ***

If you have the Jabba setup you need this to complete it. If you like all things carbo Han, yeah you should probably get this. Much more affordable option and more dispalyable than the Attakus Carbo Han. Otherwise as a display piece it works, but it is greatly enhanced by other SSC offerings.

I can only say I really like it. I wanted to really love the item and I have been very eager for it to arrive. It is made very well. I am very glad to have mine to further fill out the Jabbarama. It just doesn't completely wow me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back