Halo Reach.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Sounds like Bungie has indeed saved the best for last and will be going out with a bang.

I don't have such faith in 343 going forward. I feel the magic will be gone and we'll just have generic shooters with the HALO name. I'm also not keen for a direct sequel to HALO 3. I thought that ended the saga of Master Chief perfectly.

how the hell can there be a halo 4 without master chief? he was the last spartan alive

ink said:
how the hell can there be a halo 4 without master chief? he was the last spartan alive

There doesn't need to be a HALO 4, period. And since Bungie won't be doing it it'll be even more unnecessary.

If Microsoft & 343 wanna do more spin-offs, ala ODST and REACH, or other genres like HALO WARS, that's fine. But a HALO 4 would piss me off. As far as I'm concerned, REACH will be the last true HALO game.

Master Chief os not the last spartan alive. Kelly-087, Fred-104, Linda-058 are all still alive from the Spartan IIs plus the Spartan IIIs that are in that Shield World with them! So a Halo 4 is still possible. And it would be awesome if Master Chief finds that Shield World and or a Planet with Forerunners in it!

Master Chief os not the last spartan alive. Kelly-087, Fred-104, Linda-058 are all still alive from the Spartan IIs plus the Spartan IIIs that are in that Shield World with them! So a Halo 4 is still possible. And it would be awesome if Master Chief finds that Shield World and or a Planet with Forerunners in it!

master chief died at the end of 3

That said, do you really want to see a Master Chief HALO game made by 343 Studios instead of Bungie?? I know I have no trust there. The guy who's now in charge of running all things HALO (Frank O'Connor) came from Bungie, but he was only there a couple of years as a PR guy. Before that... he was an editor at Official Xbox Magazine. :duh

who said 343 Studios is making the next halos games or any games at all?

It's not been made official (yet), but 343 Studios is taking over control of the HALO franchise (REACH is officially Bungie's last HALO game) and they have been hiring game designers and developers lately.

Of course, there may not actually be a HALO 4, but if there is it won't be from Bungie and almost surely will be done by the new 343. I don't know if I like that at all.

So does the game follow any of the book?

It won't follow the same exact story as the book, no. But it is set on Reach at basically the same time (just days before the story of HALO 1 begins) and I'm sure there will be references here and there. This will be Bungie's interpretation of Reach (and its fall) and that has me pretty jazzed. I also have a feeling the game will end on the Pillar of Autumn (basically as the perfect bridge to the original game), but that's just my personal fan speculation.

BIGGER

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/T0_jiB2hqeQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/T0_jiB2hqeQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back