Half scale IM faceplate modification

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yatyau

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally, all the lines, edges and corners on the faceplate become sharp which is what IM should look like.

Before
IMG_1918.jpg

Before
IMG_1954.jpg

Here is a summarised process of the surgery.
IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

Surgery complete
IMG_4269.jpg

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

The grooves between eyes and around the temple are deepened. The entire faceplate including the chin are re-made.

to be cont'd.....

What material is that you used to mask the eyes and grooves?

and which gold paint did you used if you don't mind me asking?

really great work, looks just like it would out of the factory!

-

What material is that you used to mask the eyes and grooves?

and which gold paint did you used if you don't mind me asking?

really great work, looks just like it would out of the factory!

-

The material for masking was actually Blu Tack. For the paint, it was a mixture of golden powder from Japanese plus tiny bit of copper of Mr. HOBBY also from Japanese :wave.

Re: Half scale IRON MAN Maquette faceplate modification

Photos again.
Looks like the 1:1 bust right?

IMG_44421.jpg

IMG_44361.jpg

Last edited:
wow, look like someone is in it

Cool isn't it? I had tried my best to re-sculpt this faceplate making it as looking like the life size bust as possible. It is by far my proudest present:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl.

Last edited:
How does the gold match with the rest of the paint?

As I chose to keep the original gold, I just painted the faceplate instead of painting all the gold parts and that became one of the most difficult aspect of the project and it was a painstaking process to concoct a gold matching the rest of the paint. It took me many times (I cannot recall how many) to paint it in order have the matching. I understand it would never be a hundred percent the same, but the difference is tiny which cannot be distinguished by the eyes at least mine.

IMG_44711.jpg

IMG_43051.jpg

Back