Gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will bandai upgrade this kit to a 2.0 ?

If you're talking about MG Hi-Nu it's not that bad of a kit. I snap built mine and it's pretty good compared to some of the older kits that really needed a version 2.0. I built the first release of Char's Zaku and that kit was day and night compared to the version 2.0 that I built a few months after.

00 Gundam is great. The first season is a little slow at first, but it gets better as the story progresses. Season 2 is set five years later if I remember right. I haven't watched it in a while as I'm waiting for the 00 movie and Ep 2 of Unicorn to come out.

Ive never seen Seed, but I didnt hear to many good things about it, but its all about UC and cant wait for Unicorn, some really nice designs in Unicorn for both good guys and bad guys.

Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny were awesome. Gundam 00 was kind of lame. Didn't like it very much.

I love 00 Season 1 and Season 2 compared to Seed and Seed Destiny. I think the whole team aspect in 00 is better when compared to Kira's God Mode in both Seed and especially Seed Destiny. I will not lie, Strike Freedom is my favorite suit =P

Thanks for the replies guys - I think I'll go ahead and check it out :wave

Ive never seen Seed, but I didnt hear to many good things about it, but its all about UC and cant wait for Unicorn, some really nice designs in Unicorn for both good guys and bad guys.

Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny were awesome. Gundam 00 was kind of lame. Didn't like it very much.

Gundam Seed is good but Seed Destiny is REALLY good, one of my favs! To see how the characters evolved just really panned out well. Lots of blood and violence as well. 08th MS Team is still my favorite, just something about that series really worked for me.

Yeah I'll have to give Seed a shot then. Like I said Ive never seen it just heard it wasnt one of the better series, its probably just a matter of opinion.

08th Team is one of the best. Anyone seen any of the Igloo series. I always wanted to see those and have only seen snippets. I just like the idea with igloo that you get more of the ZEON story.

If you're talking about MG Hi-Nu it's not that bad of a kit. I snap built mine and it's pretty good compared to some of the older kits that really needed a version 2.0. I built the first release of Char's Zaku and that kit was day and night compared to the version 2.0 that I built a few months after.

no im talking about the GPO2 NUCLEAR GUNDAM MG
IM hopeing theyll make 2.0 of GPO1 TOO

Yeah I'll have to give Seed a shot then. Like I said Ive never seen it just heard it wasnt one of the better series, its probably just a matter of opinion.

08th Team is one of the best. Anyone seen any of the Igloo series. I always wanted to see those and have only seen snippets. I just like the idea with igloo that you get more of the ZEON story.

I have the IGLOO stuff downloaded so ill be getting to it soon. Dont really like Gundams in Celshaded 3D though. Either make em in Kick ass CG or leave them Drawn.!

I have the IGLOO stuff downloaded so ill be getting to it soon. Dont really like Gundams in Celshaded 3D though. Either make em in Kick ass CG or leave them Drawn.!

Yeah i know what you mean, i just thought it was cool because it was different. I'll have to download those as well P!tu

If anyone is interested in the full seven gundam wings model kits, let me know cos i am trying to sell the set... but one of them I started building and is the sandrock gundam

Been a long time huge Gundam fans myself, here are some of my collection.

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

IMG_4733.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

Nice pieces, I see you have a few FIX. Im really diggin Chars Zaku up front and that Sinanju in the corner.

Wow - incredible work!

Question for you kit builders: Do you guys paint them while they're still on the trees, then trim and touch up? Or do you cut 'em off, then trim and paint?

Hi.
Im new to gundam building here.
This is my first:

picture.php

picture.php

What do you think?

just got and saw z gundam the new three movies released a month ago. its great!!! the new animation is really awsome.
has a bit of a different ending kamille doesnt turn into a vegtable at the end.

Wow - incredible work!

Question for you kit builders: Do you guys paint them while they're still on the trees, then trim and touch up? Or do you cut 'em off, then trim and paint?

I usually follow kit building in this order:

1. Snip out individual parts from the trees (as instructed by the manual).
2. Snip out the excess tree material that may remain on the parts.
3. Apply plastic cement, and attach parts together. Leave for 24 hours.
4. Sand out the whole part to a smooth finish, making sure to remove any dried smudges of plastic cement.
5. Spray primer (Tamiya). Leave for 6 hours.
7. Paint.

In my opinion, you should follow the steps that I listed if you want to turn your Gundam kit, into a sturdy Gundam action figure. The key, is applying either plastic cement, or super-glue to bond the parts together, before you paint. If you don't use some sort of chemical adhesive, then your finished Gundam kit will be flimsy and will tend to fall apart very easily.

Now, taking what I said into consideration, although spraying the trees directly will save time in the short run, I won't recommend it.

I build by sections so I don't have to rush. I snip them out of their trees and clean them up. Put them in stacks based on the colors that I'll be painting them.

just got and saw z gundam the new three movies released a month ago. its great!!! the new animation is really awsome.
has a bit of a different ending kamille doesnt turn into a vegtable at the end.

interesting. I think its cool cause i hated the fact he ended up like that. But then the movies cant go with ZZ since he is like that in the series. But what ever! Great show! loved Z probably my fav series in the UC universe! It also has the Best Beam Sword sound eva!!!!

Back