Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sig Mastershop collection:

t0mi4g.jpg

Aimpoint H-2 Micro Red Dot in the house. Thanks to some black friday shopping I got it at a very good price.

IMG_7486_zpsgrvbfmpr.jpg

IMG_7487_zpseqyja9zp.jpg

Good taste with the Daniel Defense

Here it is Daniel Defense DDm4 LW Mid-length 16", Geissel Trigger, chrome bolt carrier.

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

In the market for an old-school SA revolver, probably in the $600-$700 range. Been thinking maybe a Ruger Vaquero or Ruger Blackhawk .357 mag. Any suggestions, recommendations, reviews?

SnakeDoc

Not exactly what you are looking for Snake but my family has a Ruger GP100 6" .357 and it is freaking amazing. We also have the Ruger Blackhawk Bisley in .45 Long Colt and it is equally amazing. Shoots real nice and you can get great groupings at 25 yards no problem.

I was only looking forward to a couple of things from SHOT, but it looks like none of it happened. I'm hoping that Griffin Armament was going to announce a 12 gauge shotgun suppressor. The next thing(s) I was wishing for was HK to release a VP45 and some compact versions of their VP9. But from what I read online HK typically waits until the annual NRA convention for new announcements.

I think this is going to be my next purchase in a few months. Right now I'm going to start concentrating on hoarding ammo again, but I think in April I'll look to grab one of these, and I hope they have the version with the threaded barrel available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aRgZfcH-Sc

Sweet looking piece. I like the machining of the slide and skeletonized trig and hammer. Not sure about that grip, but I would need to feel that in my hands to really make judgement. Trigger guard is also larger to accommodate gloves. I've got die-hard 1911 buddies who will not touch this because of the polymer, but I'm not as close minded. Looking forward to your field report and some pics!

You didn't like the AR shotguns HW? I think everyone is waiting on a VP45. Do you have the VP9 or 40? I'm thinking of getting one or the other. Thinking of starting with the 9 first.

Broke down and finally bought an MP5K. It's coming with a 3 lug threaded barrel, but I'm awfully tempted to have the original flush barrel reinstalled. I don't ever intend to suppress this thing, because heck, it's a machine gun, so why would I? It should be loud and proud, right? I'm also not concerned about resale value, as this won't leave my collection while I'm on this earth.

Besides, I am a huge movie buff as most everyone else is on this forum, and I can't shake this iconic image of the flush barreled MP5K in T2:

View attachment 114790

This is the single largest purchase I've ever made, so I should get it the way I want, right? Feel free to chime in.

did you ever take a video of this thing in action at the range? Would love to see it.

Back