Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Del ton lowers have received nothing but praise around here.

lowers don't really matter aside from the trigger group which can be replaced/upgraded. it's all the stuff in the upper that you want to buy quality parts for.

I can't think of a single reason to pay more for a Bushmaster than the Del-Ton. It's a better platform for building your rifle. I know a lot of people like their Bushmasters, I don't. That Del-Ton will last you for a long long time.

Thanks for the tip man.

lowers don't really matter aside from the trigger group which can be replaced/upgraded. it's all the stuff in the upper that you want to buy quality parts for.

What would you suggest for the upper? I might even buy the upper complete if the price/quality is right.

I have been jonesing for one of these for some time, now. Of the 5 pistols/rifles I will be acquiring in the next 12 months, it is #2 on the list.

Let me know where you get it because after quick glimpse on GunBroker it's a minimum of $2,500 from what was listed. There were couple above $4k, but that's just ridiculous IMO. I don't care how "rare" this gun is I can wait a year to get it at a more reasonable price. $2500 is the most I'd probably pay for it.

Let me know where you get it because after quick glimpse on GunBroker it's a minimum of $2,500 from what was listed. There were couple above $4k, but that's just ridiculous IMO. I don't care how "rare" this gun is I can wait a year to get it at a more reasonable price. $2500 is the most I'd probably pay for it.

My plan is to find it early next year at a Crossroads of the West gun show in Phoenix. There are usually very good prices on such items there. I am looking to not go over 2,000 for the gun.

Best budget build AR15 has got to be Palmetto State Armory. Most of their parts are made by FN (located just down the highway from their factory). They run amazing specials on the website that change daily.

You can "build" your own AR from PSA for around $600 +/-. But be warned, they take every bit of two weeks to ship your stuff so if you want instant gratification go somewhere else.

Looks like the last part of this year is going to be so lucrative at work that all of my gun collecting fantasies will come true next year...and my wife won't even mind.

Today...life is good.

Looks like the last part of this year is going to be so lucrative at work that all of my gun collecting fantasies will come true next year...and my wife won't even mind.

Today...life is good.

:rock Nice man. Unfortunately I don't have the same news. With the controversy going on with the VA's claims people and their bonuses I have a feeling they're going to cancel bonuses for all VA employees.

:(

Behold the glorious recoil of the Barrett 50 ...

tumblr_mttkssdsDv1randsyo1_400.gif

I need to take the wife shooting again.

SnakeDoc

SnakeDoc you have my new favorite sig.
And nothing fancy but I got a Bersa thunder 380 coming soon.
I wanted to add a little gun to the collection.

Is the SCAR 16 overkill for a first rifle?

Not sure if there is such thing as overkill. My first rifle was a daniel defense custom build light weight. I say if you can afford it go for it. I would love to have one.

Right at the $2k mark. The fancy suppressor they are offering for it is around $300 + plus the NFA stamp. I just read the description again, and just noticed that a reflex sight is included with the purchase price. Nice!!! Ready right out of the box.

https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/ProductDetails/Sig-Sauer-MPX-C-Carbine-MPX-C-9-T
https://www.rockwellarms.com/Store/...uer-MPX-9mm-357-Sig-Silencer-Kit-SDMPX-C9-KIT

~~Is it bad that I have a "christmas money" savings account just for gun/fun money?

Well this is purdy...now on the radar.

I guess what I mean is if I have no experience with rifles, are there better, simpler options to start with?

Do you have a range nearby? Nothing wrong with learning with the Scar at all. Each firearm you learn should be learned thoroughly anyway. But if you'd like, I can see about a .22 option for you.

Back