Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i finally attached my scope. i'm quite impressed with the image quality. crystal clear! i can't wait to engage my targets from 100 yards.

IMG_7520.jpg

IMG_7521.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7518.jpg

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7510.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7511.jpg

only 100 yds?

cmon, the sl8 can hit a man in the head at 600 :)

Really? 18 years ago, when I was in the Corps, the M16-A2 could do that at even longer ranges (in the right hands). With iron sights.

I haven't kept up on assault weapons (I chose to live in California, unfortunately) , but I would have thought that technology would have increased the range in that time span. Particularly with a scope.

well, i don't have easy legal access to long ranges. the furthest i can get access to is 200 yards at a local range just a few miles from my home but i have to be a member.

I am looking for a rifle but dont have the patience to read rifle magazines all day to figure out whats best for me, and I find it hard to trust gun dealers, I've never met one I liked.

:lecture.. Mikey2Bullet's brain is full of gunpowder! :D

I recomend deciding on Caliber and then the Range you want to shoot.

if my brain was full of gunpowder, i wouldn't be nearly as coherent as i am. i'd be a drooling, pooing, mess. :lol

my "expertise" falls into the tactical level of weaponry, i know next to nothing about hunting rifles, bows, etc....

figures i can shoot people no prob, but i can't bring myself to hurt an animal.

I wouldn't try taking anything down at 600 yards if it wasn't a .30-06.

i used to be able to do fairly consistent head shots at that range with an .308 remington 700 police bolt action. (silhouette targets, never sniped anyone)

i'm WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYY out of practice these days though.

one COULD take a guy out at 600m with a scoped ar15. it's not easy, but it's doable with practice.

i hit a moving tank at 2 miles with a TOW missile when i was a young PFC. best 300k o taxpayers money i ever spent in 30 seconds.
i was also was very good with the 203 GL, MK19 AGL , m249 SAW, AT-4, and good ole ma deuce 50 cal.

I'm a hell of a marksman, but with my .223 carbine I just wouldn't try to humanely kill (I'm thinking deer, people!) at over 250 yards. My 1903a3, on the otherhand...

Back