Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as promised

Kimber Tactical Entry 2 .45 ACP, VZ grips, Wilson Combat slide stop, Kimpro tac mags (Federal Hydrashock JHP +p), Novak picatinny rail, Surefire x300, CQD Mk 2 folder

picture.php

all i need is a good IWB holster. either raven or blade-tech, whoever gets their novak rail mold first.

Very nice.. I'd like to try shooting one of those someday

wouldn't it be awesome to shoot tracer rounds.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/N3kNH3_cytE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/N3kNH3_cytE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

It's hard to believe that the person who started this gun thread is a cute young blond girl with a foreign accent.

sweet shot keith! i'm shooting my P220 today! :chew

i'll also be doing the paperwork for my USP on tuesday. :banana

it's buried somewhere in the other topics section. i can't find it though.

basically it boiled down to... someone computer wiz here did some detective work and found that the pics of her posted were copied from somewhere else.

she/he/it also posted completely different pics of themselves that turned out to be somebody on here who a few people actually physically hang out with. those pics were also found to have been copied from the original owner's photo account.

also, there's the name changing bit. she went from a seemingly male native american (based on reading old posts) living in northern california to a displaced Brazilian female living in southern california.

and finally, when all the hub bub started, he/she/it dropped off the face of the earth. i stayed out of the accusations or hoopla and decided to give said person the benefit of the doubt. but i've never heard back either in public or PM since.

the only thing i don't like about glocks is the lack of a manual safety. i posted it earlier.
this is tactically speaking of course, if some young thug does get the drop on you and is able to get the weapon off your hip, the first thing their gonna do is point it and instinctively start pulling the trigger. that's bad.

however, if you have a manual safety engaged and they reflexively start pulling and nothing happens ..... it buys you a split second to close and at least redirect the barrel back into their body.

in real life i don't let anyone i don't know get within an arms length if i think they're a problem.

i speak from "experience". i drill on this once a week with a 5th degree jiujitsu master using his glock and my usp loaded with snap caps. with the glock he has it back in his hands before i can even think about pulling the trigger. me, i've got a few years to go.

i just got back from the range. i shot my M1A Socom 16, AR15, and Sig P220 Combat. i'm happy to report that i had no jams from my AR15. i dumped the old magazine and cleaned the heck out of it. silky smooth now. :) i was getting decent groupings standing up at 20 yards!

the M1A was as usual poppin awesome. the power from a .308WIN (7.62x51mm) round is freakin amazing! i have a lot of respect from it every time i shoot it.

the P220 also did not disappoint either. i need to work on my technique though. my accuracy didn't win any awards today but it's my first time shooting with it so i'm not expecting bullseye shots.

my friend brought his FN 5.7 pistol. i was surprised that the recoil wasn't as low as i'd seen on youtube videos. he shot it with deadly accuracy. it's a nice round to shoot. i found the grip's grooves on it bit my hand more than i'd like. very nice and light to shoot. i'll eventually get one. :D

Why are some guns models allowed in a certain state and others arent? is it a tax issue?

there are a lot of guns i wish i could purchase but because they're not on the "approved" list i can not legally obtain them. :(

i want a IMI Jericho 941. Magnum Research imported them as the "Baby Eagle" which was CA DOJ approved but are no longer selling them. Charles Daly Firearms is now the new reseller but there's a slight feature difference that won't allow them to be sold here in CA so they can't justify making that approved for our market. :(

https://www.jericho.us.com/

however, there's a similar gun that i'm looking at that is very close to the Jericho.

https://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-97-b/

Why are some guns models allowed in a certain state and others arent? is it a tax issue?

it's all ghosts of the 1994 AWB. were we live (NY) there's no master list of specific guns not allowed but there's language in the law that describes specific features that are not allowed.

there are a lot of guns i wish i could purchase but because they're not on the "approved" list i can not legally obtain them. :(

i want a IMI Jericho 941. Magnum Research imported them as the "Baby Eagle" which was CA DOJ approved but are no longer selling them. Charles Daly Firearms is now the new reseller but there's a slight feature difference that won't allow them to be sold here in CA so they can't justify making that approved for our market. :(

https://www.jericho.us.com/

however, there's a similar gun that i'm looking at that is very close to the Jericho.

https://cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-97-b/

do they use gas piston action like the eagle's? or are they blowback operated?

my next project is my m14. i've been rummaging around for my 30mm ring for my aimpoint. gotta get some mags/magpuls for it, paint it to match the m4, and get a good sling. basically going with a randy shughart style.

Rafaela was one of the long-time board members playing a joke. I don't remember which one...but they are still active.

Back