Guitar Hero: METALLICA (01/2009)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an Alice in Chains song has made decide to get this. Also can't wait for Guitar Hero : Hendrix!

Yeah. Aerosmith had 29 Aerosmith songs and another 12 non Aerosmith. So thats about right.

These trackpack releases are not as good a value as traditional releases, but you pay more for specialty items I guess.

At least they put the effort into making the band visuals as opposed to AC/DC's release for Rock Band.

The diffrence between the two is this is a full game, The AC DC was designed to be an add on to Rock Band with the one time download code to add the songs to your hard drive. It was also only 40 bucks. GH Metallica will likley retail for 60 and I wont be surpised if Activison releases a special edition band kit with Metallica faceplates or something.

I enjoyed GH World Tour enough to pick this game up since I like Metallica and already got the Death Magnetic album for WT, but I do wish Activision would take a page from Harmonix and give the ability to export these songs for play in World Tour. That is the one thing I prefer about Rock Band the ability to play every song they release on either version of the game.

I just hope that before GH 5 comes out they take some time to refine the whole band aspect of the gameplay if they chose to continue with full band games. I wouldnt be oposed to them going back to just the guitar as the guitar gameplay is more refined then the other instruments.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/PvvaQF6acBw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/PvvaQF6acBw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

From Gamespot:
https://www.gamespot.com/news/6203254.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;2

Metallica's official Web site was updated today with news that Guitar Hero: Metallica will arrive in North American stores for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on March 29. International releases for the game--as well as editions for the Wii and PlayStation 2--should follow around early May, according to the site.

The news post also reveals a handful of details about the game, including some of the non-Metallica bands and new gameplay features. When it launches, Guitar Hero: Metallica will feature 28 songs from the band, as well as tracks from contemporaries and influences such as Alice in Chains, Slayer, the Foo Fighters, Machine Head, and Queen. As if shredding through the band's catalog of speed-metal hits wouldn't be difficult enough already, Guitar Hero: Metallica also includes an "Expert+" difficulty level that will include two kick pedals for drum parts.

Just saw Metallica last night, boy was it ^^^^ing awesome. Got a high five from Kirk; it was awesome, couldn't have picked a better spot....Kirk literally sat down right in front of us overhanging the stage and played the opening solo to Nothing Else Matters right there within 4 feet of us.

Anyways the point is, I am more excited for this game now :). Now off to Metallica again tomorrow.

They put Queen in with Metallica?!?!? Queen needs their own game, what a bunch of hogwash. Don't tell me Queen is exclusive to Guitar Hero.

Just saw Metallica last night, boy was it ^^^^ing awesome. Got a high five from Kirk; it was awesome, couldn't have picked a better spot....Kirk literally sat down right in front of us overhanging the stage and played the opening solo to Nothing Else Matters right there within 4 feet of us.

Anyways the point is, I am more excited for this game now :). Now off to Metallica again tomorrow.

Where did you see them?

I was at the Mtl concert when James was in his accident.

Anyway this game is a must, cant wait

THE FULL LIST OF METALLICA SONGS IN THE GAME:

Metallica Tracks

All Nightmare Long
Battery
Creeping Death
Disposable Heroes
Dyers Eve
Enter Sandman
Fade To Black
Fight Fire With Fire
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Frantic
Fuel
Hit The Lights
King Nothing
Master of Puppets
Mercyful Fate (Medley)
No Leaf Clover
Nothing Else Matters
One
Orion
Sad But True
Seek And Destroy
The Memory Remains
The Shortest Straw
The Thing That Should Not Be
The Unforgiven
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Wherever I May Roam
Whiplash

OTHER ARTISTS:

Alice In Chains - No Excuses
Bob Seger - Turn The Page
Corrosion of Conformity - Albatross
Diamond Head - Am I Evil?
Foo Fighters - Stacked Actors
Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
Kyuss - Demon Cleaner
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesdays Gone
Machine Head - Beautiful Mourning
Mastodon - Blood And Thunder
Mercyful Fate - Evil
Michael Schenker Group - Armed and Ready
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Queen - Stone Cold Crazy
Samhain - Mother of Mercy
Slayer - War Ensemble
Social Distortion - Mommy's Little Monster
Suicidal Tendencies - War Inside My Head
System of a Down - Toxicity
The Sword - Black River
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town

Source: https://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601837

I will be honest and say I haven't liked any of their new stuff in awhile, but this looks like it will be fun. I liked all of their stuff from Master of Puppets and prior. The highlight of the tracks for me is Samhain!! That is just too awesome

Im kind of disappointed with the choice of No Excuses for the AIC song, we die young or sea of sorrow would have been so much better, oh well

Guitar Hero: Metallica Pre-Order Incentives
Written Thursday, February 12, 2009 by James Parkin

Still pondering over the biggest question of the year? No, not that one, the one on if you should pre-order the next installment of Guitar Hero. Also known as Guitar Hero: Metallica.

If you were pondering such a question, I may have some information that may help persuade you. According to Activision, depending on where you pre-order GH: Metallica, you can get score one of numerous items.

Pre-order at Gamestop, and receive an exclusive second Kick Pedal. (You'll need one if you want to play on the ultra-badass Expert Plus mode)

Don't like Gamestop? Hollywood Video/GameCrazy pre-orders will net you a pair of official Guitar Hero Metallica drumsticks. (No promises, but they're rumored to give you the speed of Lars himself)

These items are limited, so if you want to secure them for yourself, pre-order ASAP.

Almost forgot! Best Buy will be giving away some super trendy, tattoo sleeves at launch. No pre-order necessary!

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-2220-Guitar-Hero--Metallica-Pre-Order-Incentives.html

I will pre-order this, but I want to get the box set....which they still haven't unveiled.

Back