Guitar Hero: METALLICA (01/2009)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metallica is and always will be my favorite band! :bow

I don't think they're "sellouts". Just like I didn't make a big deal when they cut their hair. :horror It's...just...hair. It didn't change their skills as musicians one bit. They still rock as hard and as fast as they always have. I've seen them five times in concert. Every time they come through. They NEVER disappoint me. It's always worth every penny I've spent on a ticket and gas money to drive to the concert. :D

Oh, I'll still be buying the game. After watching those videos, I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I'll probably be stuck to playing drums and guitar on medium. :(

I'm really rusty with Guitar Hero. :eek: The last time I played was with Guitar Hero II on my Xbox 360. I knew if/when Metallica did one that I would buy it. I'm not a drummer, so I'm sticking with the guitar parts. I play guitar myself, so I prefer the guitar parts in Rock Band and Guitar Hero games.

I started out on guitar with GH III and GHWT. I've since bought Rock Band 1 and 2, so I've been doing some drumming, vocals and bass. I enjoy playing any instrument, especially when we have enough friends over for a full band.

Yeah, the full band would be cool with friends or family playing along. I've thought about getting the full band Guitar Hero World Tour band kit. If I can afford it. :eek:

Dumb question
There is some music that I think Metallica started there shows on the last tour, and was at the beginning of their latest DVD, its all the music that plays over the trailer for GH Metallica. Is this part of any song, or just intro music?

That is a classic instrumental song called "The Ecstasy Of Gold" written by the Italian composer, Innio Morricone. It is not on any Metallica CD. Metallica used it for a long time to begin their concerts. When I saw Metallica here last November in New Orleans, they did not use it to open the concert. It is only on a recent tribute album to Morricone. I forgot the name of it. I'll try to find out for you. It was also used in an old Clint Eastwood western movie. I think it was "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly".

This game should come with the folowing warning:

THIS GAME MAY CAUSE YOUR BRAIN TO EXPLODE

Ive played about 5 hours of this, and I feel liek my eyes are bleeding. I tip my hat to those that can play any of these songs on expert

sorry for the old bump, but RedOctane's website has a 1 day only sale, Metallica+Drums+Mic for $99 shipped.

I had the guitar from WT but needed the drums, so this seems like a good deal.

sorry for the old bump, but RedOctane's website has a 1 day only sale, Metallica+Drums+Mic for $99 shipped.

I had the guitar from WT but needed the drums, so this seems like a good deal.

Whats odd is that kit doesnt come with the double kick pedal.

I passed on the Metallica drum deal. I'm going to wait for a similar deal with Smash Hits. I just can't see playing Metallica that much.

Back