Guitar Hero III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the eff is that even possible? The screen is going so fast how the hell can he keep up with it? I struggle with GH2 on "medium".

How the eff is that even possible? The screen is going so fast how the hell can he keep up with it? I struggle with GH2 on "medium".

There are tricks on how to play it that make it easier. Like the holding buttons and such; if you look, some notes he isn't even hitting the strum bar. I should have paid attention and actually taken the "tutorial"

There are tricks on how to play it that make it easier. Like the holding buttons and such; if you look, some notes he isn't even hitting the strum bar. I should have paid attention and actually taken the "tutorial"

I guess. I have not figured out the hammer ons and pulls off's so that might be part of why I am so bad at it.

I just beat Slash on Hard. Yay me! :banana

Although, it wasn't pretty and I probably wouldn't beat anyone in a head to head competition. :eek:

If a note on the screen is topped with a glowing white circle, then you don't have to hit the strum bar, just do a hammer on. Your life will get MUCH easier when you master those. Just hold your finger on one button, add you finger to the next button and you get the note. Go through the tutorial that explains it, and you will be very glad you did. Some of the harder songs will require you to use this technique.

If a note on the screen is topped with a glowing white circle, then you don't have to hit the strum bar, just do a hammer on. Your life will get MUCH easier when you master those. Just hold your finger on one button, add you finger to the next button and you get the note. Go through the tutorial that explains it, and you will be very glad you did. Some of the harder songs will require you to use this technique.

I didn't know that. I guess I should read the manual/tutorial. :eek: :lol

On the Wii it was part of the 2nd turtorial... I haven't really gotten to use it yet. Still working on Medium, but seems like it will come in handy.

Get ready to hang your heads in shame. I know I did.:monkey2
This kid is amazing!

https://www.break.com/index/9-year-old-beats-hardest-guitar-hero-level.html

Not fair. I wish I was a kid again and had enough time to play Guitar Hero for hours on end. Right now I'm lucky if I can get an hour in every week :( But now I'm really broke, so I may be staying home and playing more often :lol

What about Rock Band? I got that one too, and it's a blast when you have 3 friends to join you - lots of energy, and I can sing Paranoid over and over, although I doubt anyone wants to hear me do that :monkey1

I got to play Rock Band for a few minutes and the drums were an interesting new challenge. I might pick this one up when the bank account gets recharged after all my Christmas shopping.

I'd actually probably prefer Rock Band over GH3, since it has the new instruments, better online, plus it's not as difficult. But it's so expensive.

And Dusty, I'm sure you sing heavenly..:monkey3

What about Rock Band? I got that one too, and it's a blast when you have 3 friends to join you - lots of energy, and I can sing Paranoid over and over, although I doubt anyone wants to hear me do that :monkey1

Im sure we can find a few people here to help fill out your rock band if needed.:D

I didn't know that. I guess I should read the manual/tutorial. :eek: :lol
Yes it makes it easier, you can actually hold more then one button down too and if that button is not needed and the right one is held down too it will give you the note.

And Dusty, I'm sure you sing heavenly..:monkey3

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Have you seen My Best Friend's Wedding, when Cameron Diaz is karaokeing (sp)? If so, picture that... but worse.

Although, I did get a 100% when singing Dani California by the Chili Peppers. Anthony Kiedis must sing as tunelessly as I do :lol But I can't sing The Clash to save my life - I fail all 3 times every time I try to attempt that one. Horrible. 2nd worst is the Strokes. Plus that song sucks.

Drums are my favorite, but they are very hard, even on Easy.

Back to Guitar Hero - I LOVE playing Carry On My Wayward Son on GH2!!

I got to try the singing on Rock Band and did awesome on Sabotage. I think that was just because you really don't have to sing too much on that one. I was just shouting the whole time.

"I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT..."

I got to try the singing on Rock Band and did awesome on Sabotage. I think that was just because you really don't have to sing too much on that one. I was just shouting the whole time.

"I CAN'T STAND IT, I KNOW YOU PLANNED IT..."

:rotfl

Tom, picturing you standing there yelling the words to Sabotage at the TV screen just made me spew Vitamin Water all over my keyboard. Our IT department thanks you :lol

:rotfl

Tom, picturing you standing there yelling the words to Sabotage at the TV screen just made me spew Vitamin Water all over my keyboard. Our IT department thanks you :lol

Next Behind the Show SS video--Sideshow Staff plays Rock Band, that would be really funny.

I'm sure your keyboard is saved, usually they don't have much in the form of electronics in them.

I really like Guitar Hero, but the only thing I've used is the Xbox controller to play, no guitar yet. So some things are easy and some things are hard, but I'm just starting to get into the Hard difficulty, not doing to well though.

Wow I am glad to find out the 360 guitar is a complete piece of ****. I have had the thing for 9 day and I was gone for 5 of them, I have played this 3 days prior and the guitar is broke. I had to fight ever urge i had to smash the thing into a 1000 pieces. If you hit t he green and the red buttons together the game hits green red and yellow when you strum. Makes playing kinda ****ing hard when you cant play any combos of red and green. Im taking the guitar back to best buy and they better swap it out or anyone in the socal area may here about me on the news.

I picked up Rock Band and have been having tons of fun. My new favorite thing is to play guitar or bass while singing along with the Xbox Live headset on. I can't usually read the lyrics but that doesn't count against you, thankfully.

Back