Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recent profound tweets from writer Devin Faraci about Pacific Rim.

"A 15 year old kid was blown away by PACIFIC RIM this weekend. In 20 years she'll make a culture-changing movie of her own."

"That's how we measure the value of art. It's not ticket sales, it's people touched."

"I'm not writing off PACRIM. A- CinemaScore and 3 weeks more at IMAX means the future is unwritten. But whatever happens, $ isn't the legacy."

Le sigh. Oh well, at least the way Pacific Rim is set up, it's a one and done movie with no real set up for a sequel. They could expand it obviously, but it's a great stand alone film as it is. Kudos to GDT and his team. It's a damn shame it won't get the box office rewards it deserves...but what can ya do. :(

Part 2 will be in the works already. Guillermo already have ideas for 2nd part. He hinted a new Gypsy Danger and a mix of Kaiju + Jaeger hybrid despite the gross sale.

https://www.filmschoolrejects.com/features/pacific-rim-2-what-should-we-expect-from-the-sequel.php

https://www.entertainmentwise.com/n...rks-According-to-Director-Guillermo-del-Toro-

I'll give it another week and i bet pacific rim will be number 2 or 1. Grown ups 2 has big name actors so i guess thats one of the reason why more people watched it. But i bet more people will realize that they mad a big mistake in watching it than pacific rim.

Movies lke grown up 2 are redbox movies.

Nope because Wolverine will be in town. And Percy Jackson SOM is coming soon after

Recent profound tweets from writer Devin Faraci about Pacific Rim.

"A 15 year old kid was blown away by PACIFIC RIM this weekend. In 20 years she'll make a culture-changing movie of her own."

"That's how we measure the value of art. It's not ticket sales, it's people touched."

"I'm not writing off PACRIM. A- CinemaScore and 3 weeks more at IMAX means the future is unwritten. But whatever happens, $ isn't the legacy."

Very well said, cocane sell like a mutha******* does that mean is good?

I'll give it another week and i bet pacific rim will be number 2 or 1. Grown ups 2 has big name actors so i guess thats one of the reason why more people watched it. But i bet more people will realize that they mad a big mistake in watching it than pacific rim.

Movies lke grown up 2 are redbox movies.

But only if you have a 50¢. 75¢, or FREE coupon code. Even then I'd use any of those coupons on something else. :lol

Going to Adam Sandler movies is like giving narcotics to an addict. He'll never know he has a problem until you stop enabling him.

Damn shame about the box office of this one; movie deserved to do better.

I can't see Del Torro getting to helm another 200 million dollar budget anytime soo, which is a major bummer

That's not a bummer. His best are Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, and Pan's Labyrinth. It's better for us he stick to what he does best. Focus on the story and not the scale.

https://blogs.indiewire.com/theplay...os-pacific-rim-20130710#.UeL1MgPYK-s.facebook

Lines are being drawn in the sand as we speak and people are taking side -- and if the chatter is to be believed, the entire fate of the movie industry rest in the hands of one very big, wet, hulking mass of a high-concept movie. It’s distracting, but one can’t really discuss Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming science-fiction action adventure “Pacific Rim” without addressing some of the baggage its arriving in theaters with this weekend, at least for a certain (probably very small) sect of the movie going public. If “Pacific Rim” fails, if this “original” movie cannot win at the box-office and if it (gasp) loses to the nefarious, made-from-pure-evil “Grown Ups 2” from comedy Satan himself Adam Sandler, the cinematic universe will implode and will come to an end. The LucasBerg prophecies shall come to pass, theaters will topple to the ground and 3D will melt off the screens with a bitter hiss. James Cameron will plummet past you in flames screaming as he falls to his fiery doom. Ladies and gentleman, if you do not see “Pacific Rim” this weekend, you are not doing your civic duty as a movie-loving cinephile and you are therefore siding with the forces of reboots, remakes, reups, sideways sequels and other tools of the Hollywood Devil.

That's not a bummer. His best are Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, and Pan's Labyrinth. It's better for us he stick to what he does best. Focus on the story and not the scale.

agreed!
DEVILS BACKBONE is my favorite.
I dont care for Blade, Hellboy (wich is an insult to the character even if its an entertaining movie) or PR even if they are good movie.

Kuzeh
Kleercut-kleenex.jpg

Last edited:
Saw this today and really liked it. Theater was packed for the 2D version.

The one thing I didn't like was the lead up to the main story. The narrative. I would rather see the lead up, if you know what I mean.

One thing I loved was, as always, Ron Perlman! :lol

I like not seeing the lead up. It's refreshing. Del Toro made a good point how that was inspired by Star Wars. The prequels start off at the beginning and are boring for it, where's the originals start off in the middle of the story and end up being more interesting.

In my opinion.

Back