Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm leaning a bit this way too.
MOS at least had epic intro setup, much better score, flashbacks and set ups, some emotional scenes and bonding moments, and ***** to the walls daylight action, no holds barred. And no dumb comic relief.

Which is why it was just not fun at all.

I can't believe those huge Jaegers just smash through those densly populated cities and cause huge amounts of destruction themselves without stopping during the Kaiju fights to save individual people. I mean, they didn't even try to take the fights back out of the city. :(

I'm traumatized by the level of destruction.
All these buidings, boats man thats so horrible!!!
Wonder how many miilions in real damage?
This is genocide!

Waiting to see Pacific Rim now. Found a manager and asked why there were only 3 showings. He said they only gave them a few prints because it is not expected to be a hit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

**** really?

Movie was tons of fun, I like the old Godzilla/ultraman music, the human were uninteresting but it didn't affect the movie to me, bring on huge maquettes, they need to be bigger then the one they made.

It was great, but I also waited to the bitter end for nothing.

Well, not nothing. All the nerds in my theater then started a nerd quorum.

**** really?

Movie was tons of fun, I like the old Godzilla/ultraman music, the human were uninteresting but it didn't affect the movie to me, bring on huge maquettes, they need to be bigger then the one they made.

THEY USED ACTUAL GODZILLA MUSIC? I'm in.

That's actually not true. There as just as much destruction and implied death in this.

Not that it's really an issue.

Actually, it's very true. They showed people going into the bunkers. Which not implies, but tells you people know what to do when there is a Kaiju attack happening. So everyone is gone. Now, anyone left there is just an idiot. Who had it coming.

There is no implied anything. People evacuated.

Just got back from seeing this. It was awesome.

What summer fun. No need to look into this or that. It is what it is. No need to interpret a deeper meaning, IMO. Visuals were beautiful and the acting was surprisingly good. I felt connected in some way to all of the characters. Everyone had a unique story that was well put together. Not too much. Not too little.

This had plenty of action, and honestly, I can't really say there was a dull moment because when there wasn't any 'action,' the character development help its own.

My favorite scene was the first time....
Spoiler Spoiler:

My biggest gripes were similar to what everyone else had said. There were some many fight scenes taking place in the darkness (practically all) that I couldn't really appreciate kaiju designs as much as I wanted to (or should have.) I know they looked awesome, but I felt something was lost there.

Excellent film. There was nothing necessarily ground-breaking, but I felt they did a lot of things right.

Actually, it's very true. They showed people going into the bunkers. Which not implies, but tells you people know what to do when there is a Kaiju attack happening. So everyone is gone. Now, anyone left there is just an idiot. Who had it coming.

There is no implied anything. People evacuated.

When they were in the bonker there was people screaming outside and when the kaiju got there they all came to a sudden stop, can't get more implied than that, actually they were certenly killed.

Back