Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Response from a preview screening posted at AICN:

"PACIFIC RIM is an entertaining but flawed film, and like so many other films of their ilk, would have benefited from better writing. I will see it again to see the finished effects, and to see if anything changes after the Burbank screening. Unfortunately, I heard some pretty negative comments from some of the audience, and when the lights came up, there were grumblings and not a lot of clapping."

What did they expect...

Well we all got spoiled by the Dark Knight considering that we know studios can produce a good action flick graphics are now not enough to entice audiences, hence battleship.

Good graphics are the standard now so its no longer what we judge whether a movie is good or not. But then again studios really don't care if Transformers can look so beautiful but contain no substance yet pull of a billion dollar haul in hey why should the even bother to go and make a great script and screen play

What did they expect...

who's to say that they didn't get exactly what they were expecting but the problems were in the execution? If the writing is poor, that's a fair criticism. Many monster films from Japan were actually very well-written, just butchered when they were dubbed.

New concept art appeared today:

exclusive-pacific-rim-concept-art-128411-a-1360864622-1000-100.jpg

exclusive-pacific-rim-concept-art-128411-a-1360864601-1000-100.jpg

This movie is going to rock!!!

That's The skull of a giant Kaiju, we never will but i'd love to see a live action Gunbuster movie

Here's the article from TOTAL FILM--contains new images:

o7j8QQC.jpg

NRLlHGa.jpg

mXxyE71.jpg

I really like the color palette for this film. Very anime-esque.

Sweet!! GDT will be at WonderCon showing off Pacific Rim!! :rock!!

892506_486178908115078_1542286681_o.jpg

Saturday, March 30

11:30am

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures
Pacific Rim with director Guillermo del Toro and New Line Cinema's The Conjuring with director James Wan.
Saturday March 30, 2013 11:30am - 12:30pm

Back