Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Chewbacca was not saying it will make more money on DVD but will find a cult following and be seen by more people that at the theater. Alot of films have done that. Hard to make money off DVD's because of rental, people sharing and copying.

That is actually what I meant. Thanks Brian K

A lot of things do well on home video, but I've never heard of anything that was more successful that way than in theaters.

Shawshank redemption? Rocky Horror picture show? There's a bunch of movies that did a lot better and was more successful

It was OK. Good first half, iffy second half. Not enough real gore. I'm a big RR fan, and he usually does the gore pretty well.....but not lately. Hmm.

He probably is. Still. I still love the fact he shoots, edits, and directs his own movies. I'd like to be able to do that. Just not as ****ing lazy as he does. :lol

That was Kuzeh going three times! :lol

Hi Kuz! :wave

I only went 2 times... :pfft:

giphy.gif

Watched this on Blu-ray for the first time since seeing it once in the theater. Was just as good. A really entertaining film and my favorite of this year's summer blockbusters.

I look forward to diving into the special features to see if they explain why arena stick fighting shows whether or not combatants are drift compatible in a giant mechanical jaeger.

Watched this on Blu-ray for the first time since seeing it once in the theater. Was just as good. A really entertaining film and my favorite of this year's summer blockbusters.

I look forward to diving into the special features to see if they explain why arena stick fighting shows whether or not combatants are drift compatible in a giant mechanical jaeger.

I think it's to get a rhythm going with the other guy

I would think it's just to find equal/compatible fighting skills.
I don't put much thought into anything with this movie. Just watch and enjoy.

I think it's to get a rhythm going with the other guy

I figured but he didn't really seemed to achieve anything special with the girl other than "Hey, I like her, sign her up."

That scene seemed to call for some elegant synchronized slow-mo where they are countering each others moves in perfect unison in some sort of rhythmic dance-like fashion.

Instead they just did a basic spar that didn't have any real flow to it. It's probably the one part of the movie that I wish was done differently. It was a cool enough scene but it was actually pretty important to show how they gel together. You saw how they had emotional chemistry but nothing more. They were very specific about conveying that "drift compatibility" is a rare bond that goes beyond simple fondness for the other pilot.

I would think it's just to find equal/compatible fighting skills.
I don't put much thought into anything with this movie. Just watch and enjoy.

Considering the fact that I totally forgive the whole "why don't they just have round-the-clock nukes waiting to go off whenever a kaiju emerges from the breach" I think I did a pretty good job of watching and enjoying. :)

Considering the fact that I totally forgive the whole "why don't they just have round-the-clock nukes waiting to go off whenever a kaiju emerges from the breach" I think I did a pretty good job of watching and enjoying. :)

Um...nuclear winter?

Along the same lines, it seemed liked the plasma cannons / cannons from Striker Eureka had the most impact on the kaiju. The best defense strategy would've been the 'wall of life' plus the cannon defenses with Jaegers covering the gaps.

Back