Guess the LAST LOTR 1/6th figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They won't say the line is dead because it would hurt their chances of selling as well as their distributors.

They just told you that to avoid an "incident".

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Maybe.... :monkey3

TonyMontana.gif

They won't say the line is dead because it would hurt their chances of selling as well as their distributors.

Exactly, they would never say "were done with the line", with all those Sam/Frodo's kicking around, not to mention a Gandalf to ship. Im sorry but one/two figures a year doesnt cut it.

Why would they stop with six? I thought that they would make at least twenty or so, and if you count all the costume changes of the characters in the movie, this number could easily go beyond forty.

I think this line will depend on how well GTG turns out. If he's good people will buy but if he's not and poor sales follow well............

I think this line will depend on how well GTG turns out. If he's good people will buy but if he's not and poor sales follow well............

Maybe this is why it's taking so long. They feel it's got to be right on or they may as well kiss the line goodbye. If it's not perfect, I'll still get, no problem, but if it's a big miss, I know alot of fans of the line will scatter.

I'm hoping SS will give us a great 1/6 announcement for Christmas! :)

If GTG looks significantly less/worse than the proto i will sell it right away. (i've had enough of that ^^^^) I don't want that to happen, so my fingers are crossed.

GTG is going to live up to his reputation. :)

Hopefully, GTG sells well. Then we may have another LOTR 12-inch figure (or figures)announcements by Christmas.

GTG is going to live up to his reputation. :)

Hopefully, GTG sells well. Then we may have another LOTR 12-inch figure (or figures)announcements by Christmas.

Time for some baddies...I think they need to start with Saruman (to challenge Gandalf - plus, now that we've seen what they can do with the robe and the beard, it's a MUST!) and the Ringwraith (no head means it's an easy sculpt! - just put a strong wire in the hood to hold it up!), and use Hot Toys' amazing Terminator Endoskeleton technology and know-how to do the armored skeleton underneath those robes - HT helped out with the Hobbit bodies for SS, why not these too?...Plus you'd get a bunch of us freaks buying AT LEAST 3 of them which = strong sales to keep the LOTR line going strong too! Right up to the release of THE HOBBIT and a whole NEW line of figures! :rock

Gandalf is a sellout, so hopefully that proves there's still a market of us out there for these guys! Honestly, the incredible detail on the LOTR line blows the 1/6 SW line out of the water! I'm hoping for the same detail with the Indy line! (of only 2 figures so far :monkey2)

:saruman and :nazgul next please!!!

Or this guy for the Fellowship:

:gimli

:rock :rock :rock :rock

It seems to me Gandalf the Grey may be the best figure Sideshow has ever made, passing even Old Ben! Dang, Sideshow sure knows how to get their wise old men right. :lol

SideshowBrant said:
LOTR 12-inch is on hold. We're proud of the Gandalf figure, and hope that you guys are enjoying him.

He did mention though that the LSB and PF lines are still going strong.

.. the last maybe until the Hobbit comes out and we get Bilbo, Thorin, and Gimli and Pippin and Merry. :monkey2

Back