Guess the LAST LOTR 1/6th figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is totally bumming me out... I know things have been slow, but I want to keep hoping that this will be a diverse toy line with a long life. I want to see Wraiths, Uruks, Orcs, more hobbits and heroes, even a troll on the scale of jabba before Sideshow calls it a day. Just got the notice that Gandalf will process on the 24th, and I can't wait!

SS is stringing us along until Gandalf ships, then annoucing its dead.
I shoudl say 30 days after it ships...

No way, they wouldn't dare cancel this line. It's too awesome. Besides, there must be at least a few fans there who want the rest of the Fellowship as much as we do, right?

I don't mind the line being slow...as long as something comes along once in a while. One locomotive line spewing new releases at a fast clip is enough for me (SW) :)

I do think it would be odd to kill the line without offering a single "bad" guy or any female characters...

Besides, LOTR fans take heart...there is one line Sideshow is offering that's slower than this...
...it's that guy to the left here sporting that spiffy fedora. Talk about S L O W....

This thread is totally bumming me out... I know things have been slow, but I want to keep hoping that this will be a diverse toy line with a long life. I want to see Wraiths, Uruks, Orcs, more hobbits and heroes, even a troll on the scale of jabba before Sideshow calls it a day. Just got the notice that Gandalf will process on the 24th, and I can't wait!

We all wish the same, my friend. Since the day that we learned from Sideshow that they were doing a 12" LOTR line, I asked only that we at the very least obtain the Fellowship Nine. I must have repeated that line in at least a thousand posts. This line, in my opinion, is SS's best 12" line, topping even the mighty Star Wars license. I was hoping to see armored Gondorians, Elven warriors, Easterlings and even a Treebeard (the Jabba of the LOTR line, if you will) along with the obvious Orcs, Uruks, Wraiths and Saruman and secondary characters. So much potential that just hasn't been realized. That is a true shame.

Elaviel_Merry.jpg

Elaviel_Pippin.jpg

Elaviel_Gimli.jpg

This line is on life support and perhaps drawing its very last breaths. PLEASE, Sideshow, offer at least the final 3 of The Fellowship before you call it a day.

Damn, whatever happened to finishing what you started in this day and age? :(

As much as I wish it were otherwise, I think GtG is the last for this line. :monkey2

The Exclusive Hobbits for $20 off, no new figure announced, the silence from SS and the lack of any showing at SDCC all seem like the writing on the wall for this line. Hope I'm wrong.

The Exclusive Hobbits for $20 off, no new figure announced, the silence from SS and the lack of any showing at SDCC all seem like the writing on the wall for this line. Hope I'm wrong.

The Exclusive Hobbits at $20 off seems to be the last throw of the dice by SS to rid itself of whatever remaining stocks they are sitting on and unofficially close the line. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I've always wondered how Sideshow would tackle orcs and goblins if they decided to do them. While humanoid in appearance, some of them have a simian/ape-like posture for which the current bodies would'nt be able to cater for as far as I know.

Reading all these posts about the line coming to an end is bumming me out. I think I'll stay out of these threads from now on and just carry on in my own happy little world until any official announcements are made.

Aragorn is my favorite new board member, with the cool images that show how great this line can continue to be. While all of the figures we've received thus far aren't perfect, they are all still wonderful collectibles from these films. I am always ready to make more shelf space for LOTR figures! We need Captain Faramir's never say die attitude to keep things going!

i think ss should be nice and accept aragorns advice on character selection although at their rate that would put us into 2014

Back