Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Figure Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fans of GOTG who bought the first series of HT figures should send them a LOUD message.
"We won't buy any new figures without DRAX FIRST!"

I'm actually more interested in Yondu and Mantis. Rooker's Yondu was one of the stand-outs of the movie.

I'll buy whatever that they'll release except the 5 characters that they've released.

Maybe lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can you be so sure?

If they're introducing a new member to the team I can't imagine they'd skip them. Particularly when they made sure to hit every member of the AOU cast and have already shown off a sizable chunk of the Civil War team.

I'll probably purchase if possible:

-new pratt HS
-new gamora if skin tone is more accurate
- DRAX, dammit!:impatient:

How can you be so sure?

You can't be. Aou had a large contingent of characters...and CW may as well. But part of that is that they both used lots of repaints (Aou Thor, Hawkeye, BW, Cap where all updates and the CW figures have that as well) but very few films get more then a three or four. Gotg 1 has yet to release Drax. The main villian didn't even get a figure (or at least yet). No yondu or nebula. The DW Thor film didn't have sif or any of the dark elves. No Jane foster. Im1-2 didn't have pepper or hammer or the drones. No killian from im3. Even Aou didn't have strucker and others. Batman begins didn't get rahs. No Zod from reeves superman. No Luther from returns.

And the list goes on and on. Just because there's new characters in a film doesn't mean there will a hot toys figure to accompany it.

I actually agree with you motux. They will re-release the main characters and we may get one new figure (e.g. Drax).

Just wish Drax and Ronan would get a release.

If Gamora gets better arms, I would consider buying a new one.

The fans of GOTG who bought the first series of HT figures should send them a LOUD message.
"We won't buy any new figures without DRAX FIRST!"

This is still going on? :lol .. whether Drax ever gets made or not, I think we can safely all agree that at the very minimum Star-Lord will see a release date for the sequel. Anything else (going on one proper figure from Ant-Man) at this stage is probably more up in the air..

Anyway... where is the original Loki? That's what I want to know.. ;)

You can't be. Aou had a large contingent of characters...and CW may as well. But part of that is that they both used lots of repaints (Aou Thor, Hawkeye, BW, Cap where all updates and the CW figures have that as well) but very few films get more then a three or four. Gotg 1 has yet to release Drax. The main villian didn't even get a figure (or at least yet). No yondu or nebula. The DW Thor film didn't have sif or any of the dark elves. No Jane foster. Im1-2 didn't have pepper or hammer or the drones. No killian from im3. Even Aou didn't have strucker and others. Batman begins didn't get rahs. No Zod from reeves superman. No Luther from returns.

And the list goes on and on. Just because there's new characters in a film doesn't mean there will a hot toys figure to accompany it.

Anyway, yeah. Looking forward to Mantis.

I have to agree with Motux on this one.

They'll definitely remake the entire team and whoever gets added to the team. I also agree with a lot of you that Pratt needs a better head sculpt, I just think Hot Toys can do better. And hopefully Nebula gets a figure this time.

especially Rocket and Groot, Hot Toy is gonna reused those unique body tooling any chance they get.

----

I hope Star-Lord gets a full helmet. I didn't like his hair poking out from the top lol.

Back