Guaging interest: 1:6th facehugger & stasis tube

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the million dollar question....HOW MUCH $????

Indeed. The kit looks every bit as good as I expected and I most definitely am still interested. Everyone must be holding their breath waiting for the hammer to drop... So, what's it gonna cost us, if you don't mind?

Because everyone is so price sensitive, Im still trying to find the best price for the tube. I have been shocked at some of the prices I have been quoted,
I just got what appears to be the lowest quote, but I want to drive there and make sure its NOT the extruded tube (has lines in it) and its the nice clear CAST stuff which is usually more expensive but well worth it.

So thats the hold up. I dont want to make the price so cheap that I get 500 orders. I just dont have the time to make 500 of these. So, Ill limit the run via the price.

Im shooting for a kit price of 60.00 To include the Hugger and tube.
Im either gonna include the stand and bump price a bit, or make it separate.

I wont be doing build ups.

If that gives you an idea, hope it is withing your repesctive budgets.

Because everyone is so price sensitive, Im still trying to find the best price for the tube. I have been shocked at some of the prices I have been quoted,
I just got what appears to be the lowest quote, but I want to drive there and make sure its NOT the extruded tube (has lines in it) and its the nice clear CAST stuff which is usually more expensive but well worth it.

So thats the hold up. I dont want to make the price so cheap that I get 500 orders. I just dont have the time to make 500 of these. So, Ill limit the run via the price.

Put me down for 1 complete with stand.

I would have loved to get a set of 3 but I can not justify the cost.
However, I understand that you wouldn't want to have all your free time consumed by making these neither.

Thanks for taking the time to help us out.

Sounds great!

I'm in for one.

Because everyone is so price sensitive, Im still trying to find the best price for the tube. I have been shocked at some of the prices I have been quoted, I just got what appears to be the lowest quote, but I want to drive there and make sure its NOT the extruded tube (has lines in it) and its the nice clear CAST stuff which is usually more expensive but well worth it.

Im shooting for a kit price of 60.00 To include the Hugger and tube. Im either gonna include the stand and bump price a bit, or make it separate.

If that gives you an idea, hope it is within your respective budgets.

Your pricing dilemma is understandable... all the speculation has kind of put you between a rock and a hard place. I think $60 is a reasonable price, all things considered, but some of us who'd really like to have more than one kit may not be able to swing it at that price. What would you say to offering a discount to those who commit to ordering multiples?

Just another suggestion, but couldn't you just limit the number of kits to something within your means, and then offer them on a first come-first served basis instead? Maybe that would allow you to offer a slightly more attractive price to people who want more than one kit.

Last edited:
uh.... acrylic and resin???

Perhaps instead of mocking his guess, you could provide the answer? I am just curious because you mentioned maybe using metal, but in those images I dont see much metal. You also mentioned you had received quotes, which means you have an idea of the construction.

I realise all this may be in the air as well, due to your hesitation to nail a price on this. But instead of trying to hit the magical number on the head of 'cost' to 'effort you want to put in' ratio- perhaps you could create alternate schemes with pricings, and we on the board could tell you which seems most appealing to us. eh?

:peace

Perhaps instead of mocking his guess, you could provide the answer? I am just curious because you mentioned maybe using metal, but in those images I dont see much metal. You also mentioned you had received quotes, which means you have an idea of the construction.

I realise all this may be in the air as well, due to your hesitation to nail a price on this. But instead of trying to hit the magical number on the head of 'cost' to 'effort you want to put in' ratio- perhaps you could create alternate schemes with pricings, and we on the board could tell you which seems most appealing to us. eh?

:lecture :lecture

Hi MM. It wasn't aggresive mocking. it was done in a passive way. Ultimately every custom maker has the right to take his time to unveil what he wants. The downside is he may lose the interest of some. If he can live with that then let's let sleeping dogs lie. Suggestions to say things are in the air aren't quite edifying.

just my 2 cents.

I haven't heard from him in a few days. I assume he's finishing up his master. He said he'd send me one to review for this board.

I wonder what will it cost for the kit without the tube? (since it could save me some $ on shippment as well as I probably find loose clear tube here with a little cheaper)

Back