1/6th scaled Uruk-hai action figure Trend

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news Asmus! I have been waiting for Lurtz for a long time, it will be a great release.
Since this will be the last big release, do you have any plans for other great characters like Sauron? Make this great line last, you are doing a great work with Lord of the Rings

So happy to know Lurtz is coming - definite pre-order, really excited!!

I agree. I never want this line to end either.

Absolutely!!! I'm beyond happy to know this line will not completely die - easily my favourite series of ongoing figures!!

Asmus what do you mean by "BIG hit" figures? What sort of character might we not expect to see in the future?

I think, without wishing to put words in their mouth and please correct if I?m mistaken, what Asmus means by ?big hit? figures is that they anticipate being able to sell a lot of units of Uruks and different variations of them. So they are a bit of an investment designing, building and tooling the body and perhaps daunting challenge too but very likely worth it (now they have more expertise in this area) because if done well they expect to sell lots of them. Reading between the lines Asmus has plans for more characters from the series but with most of the top draws already out there in some form (save re-releases and variants of existing characters) they are not likely to shift the remaining planned figures in the same numbers as perhaps the Uruks.

I think, without wishing to put words in their mouth and please correct if I?m mistaken, what Asmus means by ?big hit? figures is that they anticipate being able to sell a lot of units of Uruks and different variations of them. So they are a bit of an investment designing, building and tooling the body and perhaps daunting challenge too but very likely worth it (now they have more expertise in this area) because if done well they expect to sell lots of them. Reading between the lines Asmus has plans for more characters from the series but with most of the top draws already out there in some form (save re-releases and variants of existing characters) they are not likely to shift the remaining planned figures in the same numbers as perhaps the Uruks.

I think you are absolutely correct, Bravomite.

There are a number of character variations that can utilize the standard Uruk body type, once ready. That will provide a good investment for a well done Uruk body.

That would be the best interpretation of big hit characters as I’m happy to buy at least one Uruk and orc per every good guy. I just love the designs so much.

No, our line will go on,
what it meant, Uruk-hai will be the last BIG hit for this series.

I was thinking Sauron or Isildur would be the last big hit?

After reading one’s interpretation of selling multiples of the figure - how about elven warriors? Prologue, Lorien, Mirkwood, Rivendell- from the hobbit, so many variations and they’d all be awesome to own!

I was thinking Sauron or Isildur would be the last big hit?

After reading one’s interpretation of selling multiples of the figure - how about elven warriors? Prologue, Lorien, Mirkwood, Rivendell- from the hobbit, so many variations and they’d all be awesome to own!

I would buy all elven warriors! My favorite to own would be the Rivendell knight from the Hobbit but a Galadhrim warrior and/or Haldir would pair well with Helms Deep Aragorn and Uruk-Hai.

I would buy all elven warriors! My favorite to own would be the Rivendell knight from the Hobbit but a Galadhrim warrior and/or Haldir would pair well with Helms Deep Aragorn and Uruk-Hai.

So you wouldn’t want a Prologue High Eleven Warrior or two (plus Gil Galad) to flank Elrond and hopefully stand off against the eventual Sauron? I think they’re arguably the best designed elves of the entire series. That line of synchronised sword swiping that kicks off the whole franchise is still one of the coolest things ever. But Haldir’s armour is undeniably gorgeous.

So you wouldn’t want a Prologue High Eleven Warrior or two (plus Gil Galad) to flank Elrond and hopefully stand off against the eventual Sauron? I think they’re arguably the best designed elves of the entire series. That line of synchronised sword swiping that kicks off the whole franchise is still one of the coolest things ever. But Haldir’s armour is undeniably gorgeous.

I certainly would pay handsomely for Prologue High Elven warriors. I would buy multiples and line them up in formation.

Or a version of the elves that show up at helms deep in the film!

I would consider simply developing a clothing/accessory set with a headsculpt that is compatible with the existing Phicen bodies. I believe they could work very we for these figures. Alternately if a body is made I agree that a plastic body with single joints would work well just like the hot toys body.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Back