Guaging interest: 1:6th facehugger & stasis tube

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sigh. here we go again.

guys, i live in malaysia, which is widely acknowledged to be a centre for dvd piracy. but i can honestly also tell you that collectible recasting is almost unheard of in malaysia and (our neighbour) singapore. it all boils down to supply and demand.

the community of collectors in malaysia and singapore are pretty small to begin with. hence demand is small. and it's pretty much the same with most parts of south-east asia. the cost of starting, operating and maintaining a "high-end toy" recasting business in this part of the world just wouldn't be feasible. it's that simple.

so whomever it is that gave u that info abt singapore being a centre for recasting is woefully misinformed...

not takin any sides, just setting the record straight. :rolleyes:

sigh. here we go again.

guys, i live in malaysia, which is widely acknowledged to be a centre for dvd piracy. but i can honestly also tell you that collectible recasting is almost unheard of in malaysia and (our neighbour) singapore. it all boils down to supply and demand.

the community of collectors in malaysia and singapore are pretty small to begin with. hence demand is small. and it's pretty much the same with most parts of south-east asia. the cost of starting, operating and maintaining a "high-end toy" recasting business in this part of the world just wouldn't be feasible. it's that simple.

so whomever it is that gave u that info abt singapore being a centre for recasting is woefully misinformed...

not takin any sides, just setting the record straight. :rolleyes:

I think it's because of Singapore's close proximity to Thailand. And, let's face it...Thailand has the largest recasting community in the world.

What I hit a nerve?

I meant nothing personal.

Besides, you would have to be an ding dong to recast something that no one evidently wants to buy anyway.

You will spend more in rubber than it costs to just buy it.

Lighten up...take a midol.

Good God.

What I hit a nerve?

I meant nothing personal.

Besides, you would have to be an ding dong to recast something that no one evidently wants to buy anyway.

You will spend more in rubber than it costs to just buy it.

Lighten up...take a midol.

Good God.

So... Why turn him down as a recaster if it doesn't make sense to recast it? :huh

I didnt turn anyone down.

My sense of humor and comments didnt translate well here, and offended him

Which I have offered my sincere apologies.

What I said was uncalled for.

Moving on. Matter is closed as far as Im concerned.

Happy Building everyone. If you got a kit..post pics of your build.

What a bump that was... luckily, I've never seen this thread. Got any left? And how much were they for? I might be interested.

I have a 1/6 poseable Facehugger from my HT Grid Alien... wonder if I could use that. Painting the container would be easy.

BTW, you can fill these up with water, right?

I have a 1/6 poseable Facehugger from my HT Grid Alien... wonder if I could use that. Painting the container would be easy.

BTW, you can fill these up with water, right?
the facehugger that comes with the kit is much nicer than the HT one, but it should work too. and you can put water in it if you make sure it's sealed properly or it'll make a mess. personally, i wouldn't. you also need to find and install your own light source in the bottom. basically, unless you have some modelling skills, this kit would cost you much more than $65 if you want it to look decent.

Back