Statue Groot & Rocket 1:4 Scale Statue (Gentle Giant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if the retail price is $500, you can preorder Gentle Giant products pretty easily for a 20% discount.

I read on statue forum, and didn't notice it myself, but in the credits for GOTG, it says that gentle giant studios did the 3D modeling for the characters in the movie…which explains why this piece looks so damn good…so with that now being known, i think its clear/hard to argue that SS is gonna top them..

Then why does that rocket bust they did look so bad?

SDCC-GotG-Rocket-Raccoon-Mini-Bust-003.jpg

Just came across this thread [emoji50].... I'm very interested in this piece. Do you guys think sideshow will come out with something similar?

Still no update on this? I'm edging closer to ordering the 1/6 figures instead of the statues as I don't want to end up waiting ages.

Just came across this thread [emoji50].... I'm very interested in this piece. Do you guys think sideshow will come out with something similar?

Still no update on this? I'm edging closer to ordering the 1/6 figures instead of the statues as I don't want to end up waiting ages.
i was just talking about this over at the "other" forum...Bmutha was kind enough to reply with this post...

"SSAlex talked a bit about this in the Ask Sideshow thread. It appears that the Guardians PF's have been put on some kind of indefinite hold. She said they hope to have something "in the next few years"...so, it could be a while before we see anything. "

so it would seem that Sideshow has pulled everything GOTG related off the table for now

Best looking Gotg statue I've seen yet.

Thank god GG insists on using those bases, I'll never worry about getting sucked into buying their products.

I'm with you on the bases. IMO, their stuff seems like half of a statue seeing as their bases are non-existent and remind me, stylistically, of something from the 80's. It's crazy what they charge for their statues since they really have no costs, as far a simplistic, clear bases go. It's like an aftrthought and shows a lack of creativity. I am tempted by this statue though, the first time ever, for their stuff. I'm thinking I could create my own base for it, if I bought it.

i was just talking about this over at the "other" forum...bmutha was kind enough to reply with this post...

"ssalex talked a bit about this in the ask sideshow thread. It appears that the guardians pf's have been put on some kind of indefinite hold. She said they hope to have something "in the next few years"...so, it could be a while before we see anything. "

so it would seem that sideshow has pulled everything gotg related off the table for now

wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

i was just talking about this over at the "other" forum...Bmutha was kind enough to reply with this post...

"SSAlex talked a bit about this in the Ask Sideshow thread. It appears that the Guardians PF's have been put on some kind of indefinite hold. She said they hope to have something "in the next few years"...so, it could be a while before we see anything. "

they sure know how to cash in on the momentum of the film.... NOT.

Man that makes no sense! This was awesome at sdcc! I even grabbed a Groot Mondo print for this guy's set up!

Unless I've missed something and there's a connection that I'm not aware of, remember it's SS that have put everything on hold. This shouldn't affect the Groot/Rocket statue from SDCC.

Let GG have this one. SS got so,many other projects too.

Sideshow has a 1:6 scale of Rocket and Groot...I just pre-ordered it this afternoon...ships March '15 I believe.

I'll totally be picking up this GG Groot and Rocket statue once they make it available for pre order. It looks hands down the best. :horror

Anybody know if pre-orders will open up soon? I didn't see anything on GGs site..

Thanks!

:clap

Back