Statue Groot Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think it is too much to expect that someone will make that little jumpsuit for him? I have been on the fence about ordering this little guy for a while. I have put in my cart several time only to talk myself out of it, but these pictures look great.

I don't think it would be a good idea putting a Raveger costume onto this statue. Other than its head it doesn't feel that sturdy.

If you want the jumpsuit, just get the Hot Toy version. Imo it looks better, and with the costume on the joints are either completely hidden or mostly obscured.

I don't think it would be a good idea putting a Raveger costume onto this statue. Other than its head it doesn't feel that sturdy.

If you want the jumpsuit, just get the Hot Toy version. Imo it looks better, and with the costume on the joints are either completely hidden or mostly obscured.

Thanks for the advice. I was considering the Hot toys one instead. I would love to know from someone that has them both which one is better.

Do you think it is too much to expect that someone will make that little jumpsuit for him? I have been on the fence about ordering this little guy for a while. I have put in my cart several time only to talk myself out of it, but these pictures look great.

I could definitely see it happening, especially when you have Hot Toys to use as a template. Or heck, maybe you could use the Hot Toys suit.

I could definitely see it happening, especially when you have Hot Toys to use as a template. Or heck, maybe you could use the Hot Toys suit.
That had occurred to me, but I don’t think it would be that easy to put on a figure that doesn’t move at all.

That had occurred to me, but I don’t think it would be that easy to put on a figure that doesn’t move at all.

I agree. I figured it would be like the Rogue or Cyclops PF and their respective jackets. The jacket on the HTs one would have to unzip though. I'm not looking at a picture of it at the moment, but assuming it does, I think there might be a slim chance.

230f2132acad2089b625355581260b08.jpg
49c814b1cf4582deda1babd339787c58.jpg
welcome to the family

As cute as this may be ...I can't spare the money to get this. There are just too many other stellar statues coming out.

As cute as this may be ...I can't spare the money to get this. There are just too many other stellar statues coming out.

I can't either. Lower priority, but I gotta live vicariously through others.

Why not both?

I've got the Sideshow version but I was a little let down by it, and I've got two of the Hot Toys version coming next month.
Getting swamp thing, possibly Yoda and hopefully 1 groot

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Getting swamp thing, possibly Yoda and hopefully 1 groot

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I vote Hot Toys, TBH. :lecture

I think both look great, but it's hard to beat the nicely tailored suit that you get with the HTs version.

Some more pics. I finally received my pair of Hot Toys 1:1 Groots to pair up with the Maquette.

And honestly I much prefer the Hot Toys version, especially with the Ravager outfit which hides the joints.

And I think Groot agreed:-

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1551.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

The Little Potted Groot which is in its own acrylic box usually doesn't go in there, but I thought I should display them all together for a little while.

I may display the Groots around the house from time to time.

Some more pics. I finally received my pair of Hot Toys 1:1 Groots to pair up with the Maquette.

And honestly I much prefer the Hot Toys version, especially with the Ravager outfit which hides the joints.

And I think Groot agreed:-

View attachment 399964

View attachment 399965

View attachment 399966

View attachment 399967

View attachment 399968

View attachment 399969

The Little Potted Groot which is in its own acrylic box usually doesn't go in there, but I thought I should display them all together for a little while.

I may display the Groots around the house from time to time.

Little Groot steals the show, man. Ugh. So darn awesome.

Back