Statue Groot Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya after looking them both over I think I rather spend my money on HT as well. Cheaper, posable, and more extras.

Ya tough call. Hot toys has WAAAY more extras and poses. But its plastic and sorta has joints showing which im not a big fan of.

SS has a nice base that lights up, its polystone not plastic and is a numbered edition. Plus its kind of more of a high end movie collectible than the Hot toy.

Very very hard decision, Im gonna pick one of the two... just not sure yet.

Ya tough call. Hot toys has WAAAY more extras and poses. But its plastic and sorta has joints showing which im not a big fan of.

SS has a nice base that lights up, its polystone not plastic and is a numbered edition. Plus its kind of more of a high end movie collectible than the Hot toy.

Very very hard decision, Im gonna pick one of the two... just not sure yet.

I'm the same. I HATE joints, but with this one it's a little harder to notice. I do like that ss's comes with an actual base though and I do prefer statues.

I'm considering getting this, but that means I may have to cancel one of two orders of the Hot Toys version, as I was originally going to display him with and without the outfit.

The pros imo are that the Hot Toys versions details are better and for that matter are also cuter, while the Sideshow version has a proper base.

The cons imo are that the Hot Toys version will obviously have joints showing especially when he's naked, and the con for Sideshow is that given that the prototype was produced in partnership with Legacy, well we all know what that means in regards to the quality difference between it and the final production piece.

I'm considering getting this, but that means I may have to cancel one of two orders of the Hot Toys version, as I was originally going to display him with and without the outfit.

The pros imo are that the Hot Toys versions details are better and for that matter are also cuter, while the Sideshow version has a proper base.

The cons imo are that the Hot Toys version will obviously have joints showing especially when he's naked, and the con for Sideshow is that given that the prototype was produced in partnership with Legacy, well we all know what that means in regards to the quality difference between it and the final production piece.

Kinda new to statue collecting. Little groot does interest me but your comment about Legacy threw me off. Are they known to come out with a subpar product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went with the Maquette over the Hot toys version... A decent base/polystone/Numbered edition beat out all the extras Hot toys had with theirs. Just my preference tho.

Kinda new to statue collecting. Little groot does interest me but your comment about Legacy threw me off. Are they known to come out with a subpar product?

It's not Legacy per se that releases a sub par product, it's that the factory Sideshow uses to produce their pieces can never match the prototype produced in conjunction with Legacy. In particular the paint job of the last few Iron Man pieces. Imo they've been bad enough for me to cancel my orders.

However I'm going to take a gamble (banking on that the paint app on Groot will be much easier to achieve then the paint app on the Iron Man pieces) on this and probably order this, and I'll use some rewards to knock the price down a little.

It's not Legacy per se that releases a sub par product, it's that the factory Sideshow uses to produce their pieces can never match the prototype produced in conjunction with Legacy. In particular the paint job of the last few Iron Man pieces. Imo they've been bad enough for me to cancel my orders.

However I'm going to take a gamble (banking on that the paint app on Groot will be much easier to achieve then the paint app on the Iron Man pieces) on this and probably order this, and I'll use some rewards to knock the price down a little.

Gotcha. Thanks :)

Exclusive has signed COA?

Have fun trying to sell the Regular edition and proving its real :rotfl

Ive been debating on this for a while. I pulled the trigger on the PO

Back