Statue Groot Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant wait to get this lil guy... Finally cashed in all my reward point from over the years... Had just enough to get this guy for free :)

I love hope simple this one is.

The touch activated base is a nice touch.

They did something similar with the new Iron Giant piece.

Today Me little groot arrived.
Really good painting and super cute details.

Base got also the touchsense like bb8 premium format Figur.
db1ac237df5db311e68e7478263e4245.jpg
e3401772504ecce3587285eb30b8b2d0.jpg
45f583b092027c545ae9caa9273e4f13.jpg
8a6437260545e8e02a5822c95f0f8719.jpg
a5cd769f7ff4fb012bce55b7393bc8b2.jpg
976ce3c35caf4081c8c4c4177ae5893d.jpg
34030e14baea4da608ef2cac9e2827f5.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

Hopefully I receive mine by Monday.

I think I'll place him next to my 1:1 Little Groot (potted).

I just unboxed mine and to be honest I prefer my Little Groot..... though oddly enough they're about the same size!

But I've always thought that the potted Groot was oversized.

IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

And I didn't notice until now, but the two heads are positioned differently from each other. The smiling head is looking upwards, whereas the neutral face is looking straight ahead.

Each of the heads which are nice and solid are about the same weight as the rest of the body!

And from pics I've seen of the Hot Toys version, the Sideshow version lacks details in comparison to the Hot Toys piece.... lucky I ordered two of them.

The paint on the Sideshow piece just seems lacking to me.

I have the potted Groot myself and was very tempted to pick up the SS version.
- It's good seeing them side by side.

So Phoenix, you prefer Baby Groot over Potted Groot?

I think you mentioned the paint app lacking on the SS piece, but you still prefer it over the Potted Groot?

I think you mentioned the paint app lacking on the SS piece, but you still prefer it over the Potted Groot?

Potted Groot is much more impressive in person, and the 3 additional head sculpts make it a really great piece. I have mine out on a side table, as if he were a real potted plant.

Talking point for people if they come over hah

Potted Groot is much more impressive in person, and the 3 additional head sculpts make it a really great piece. I have mine out on a side table, as if he were a real potted plant.

Talking point for people if they come over hah

Actually what I said was that I preferred my 'Little Groot'..... which is the name for the 'potted' Groot!

And I'm sure that when I receive my 2x 1:1 Hot Toy ones, I'll also prefer those over Sideshows piece as well.

And yes, for whatever reason the ECC Little/Potted Groot looks much better in hand than my above phone pics.

Actually what I said was that I preferred my 'Little Groot'..... which is the name for the 'potted' Groot!

And I'm sure that when I receive my 2x 1:1 Hot Toy ones, I'll also prefer those over Sideshows piece as well.

And yes, for whatever reason the ECC Little/Potted Groot looks much better in hand than my above phone pics.

Sweet! I get it now.

Looks like I MAAAAAYYYY need to track down an ECC Groot. Hmmmmm....

Groot is outnumbered there. :lol

He doesn't stand a chance again Iron Men. :lol (Nice collection, BTW).

Do you think it is too much to expect that someone will make that little jumpsuit for him? I have been on the fence about ordering this little guy for a while. I have put in my cart several time only to talk myself out of it, but these pictures look great.

Back