Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, the colors and attitude in this piece are quite striking!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=37875

Screenshot2012-07-09at182200.png

My first thought exactly.... Although, i wouldnt count it out just yet. We havent seen anything yet of this.

Yeah obviously but at least it makes the decision easier.
I already POed Ivy and the Witch King. I may get Batman depending on the reveal (not sold on it yet) so at least skipping this is easy.

there is going to be change of head for this one

:thwak don't you start :thwak

I would have preferred the fabric look myself but this is nice and probably makes it cheaper and easier for Sideshow turn these pieces (but not pass on the savings). I don't know if they would go through all of the troubles with electronics to make the ring light up, but it would be cool even though I never turn on electronics.

Now that im really looking at that image, whats up with his abs? the anatomy in that area looks completely outta whack. maybe its just the lighting.

I think for the first time DCD's premium format wins out.

It's close. The face is much better on the DCD version, much more Hal-like. On the other hand, the uniform on the DCD could be improved upon. They hyper defined musculature on the SS piece is more than a bit over the top.

From what's shown though, it's a nice dynamic looking pose which is a lot better than the poses for Superman and Batman which has them standing around in their best Captain Morgan pose.

Hmmm I'm not sure...I love GL but the face...just something about it.

Will wait for the full reveal but this may be a pass for me & I'll concentrate on the Bat only for now.

Neil

I'm wondering if Sideshow chose to go fully sculpted because they didn't want their 1/4 scale statue to look like the DCD 1/4 scale. Or maybe the complaints of the "pajama look" got to them, who knows? I personally like the mixed media look which made it more realistic, which is what made me take notice of Sideshow's PF line in the first place. I have noticed that the ones who complain about the "pajama look" are usually from the same members who post over and over and over again about the same thing and just wont stop.

Back