Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I was a bit worried that I'd have to sell off the DCD PF, because I really like it. But since this thing is really just a statue I feel no need to get it.

Funny how the DC Direct item is more a Premium Format than the one from the company that coined the term.

:(

it's really starting to look like fully sculpted is going to be the norm on a lot of PF pieces going forward...

Looks good, I'm not a big Green Lantern fan, and though it would be cool to have the Justice League of America all together, I'll pass on it. Just gonna stick with the Batman universe (and maybe just get the Superman PF)..

Damn. I kinda wish they did stick to Bat-Family members initially, because this one will be tough for me. I guess I need to determine right off the bat if I'm gonna stick to the major, most iconic characters only, or veer off into JLA territory where I'll need this guy, Flash, Manhunter, etc. Dammit.

I bet this is a switch-o-head with Abin Sur or some such.

Well I was a bit worried that I'd have to sell off the DCD PF, because I really like it. But since this thing is really just a statue I feel no need to get it.

Funny how the DC Direct item is more a Premium Format than the one from the company that coined the term.

:(

:lecture

Fully-sculpted "Premium Format" figures = B.S.

it's really starting to look like fully sculpted is going to be the norm on a lot of PF pieces going forward...

)..

Makes sense though. the biggets complaint from most people are the "pajama" looks. i.e. Wolverine and Sabretooth

Cap and Thor were awesome. Alot of the others were "adequate" at best

I personally like the "pajamas," and think that sets Sideshow apart from other companies. Though if I were going to quibble I would disagree about Thor, since you can see some discoloration on the body through his pants (as you can with Wolvie).

Hmmm not sure I'm feeling it for this one. I'm sticking to Bat-Family for now.

My first thought exactly.... Although, i wouldnt count it out just yet. We havent seen anything yet of this.

Makes sense though. the biggets complaint from most people are the "pajama" looks. i.e. Wolverine and Sabretooth

Cap and Thor were awesome. Alot of the others were "adequate" at best

I think those that prefer the simple and boring fully sculpted are in the minority - although they are probably more vocal, so it seems like it's one of the "biggest complaints".

I prefer a more realistic look - but some prefer the comic book - absurd anatomy look - it's subjective I know, but previously SSC seemed to be on the more realistic track and they're now going with what's easiest.

This is another reason why I passed on the Ivy PF for now. Got to save money for the JLA first and foremost. Oh, and any Kirby New Gods :thud:

I think those that prefer the simple and boring fully sculpted are in the minority - although they are probably more vocal, so it seems like it's one of the "biggest complaints".

I prefer a more realistic look - but some prefer the comic book - absurd anatomy look - it's subjective I know, but previously SSC seemed to be on the more realistic track and they're now going with what's easiest.

How is the emblem on your DCD GL? Because the only complaint I can make about it, is my emblem is not on straight. And they changed from the original concept art of a crashed shuttle. But the off centered emblem has always annoyed me.

And yes, the extremely exaggerated muscle-tone is a turn off. but not enough to stop me from getting this one

Hoping that any EX swap out head isn't an unmasked Hal, but another character entirely, giving two different Lantern statue possibilities.

Back