Green Lantern PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be the only one who doesn't care for the head sculpt too much, something looks off with either the mask or the hair.

You guys are fools...The squirrel gives some personnality to the statue !!!

awesome!!! except for the squirrel. looks like someone answered my questions from a few months back. what is the story with the squirrel??? is he a trained attack pet or something??? seriously DC that is pretty lame.

I had the Mosaic comic with John Stewart where he was struck and killed by a yellow tractor :lol

There's an entry on Wikipedia for him. Still lame, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch'p

thanks for the link. and yes its still extremely lame. i would understand this if DC did an "Exclusive" like sideshow does, but since they don't i think this makes the statue less appealing. and since i haven't read any of the books with the squirrel in it i'd hate to have to explain it everytime someone asked about him. sooo i guess i'll pass on this and look for something custom.

I think the squirrel is cool... he is a GL character so a fun idea to add him into the mix. Next you guys will be saying you don't want a Bat-Mite :lol

batmite_t.jpg

GL does look like he's in a bit of an awkward pose though.

And the release date on the card says Nov 2009.

Here is the official advanced-solicitation for this statue:

March 2009 - DC Direct - GREEN LANTERN 1:4 SCALE MUSEUM QUALITY STATUE
DESIGNED BY WALTER O'NEAL
SCULPTED BY RAY VILLAFANE

Space Sector 2814 is well protected as Hal Jordan (and fellow Green Lantern Ch'p) stand ready for action, with their power rings fully charged!

This stunning 1:4 scale museum quality statue features Hal Jordan, the ultimate space cop, just as he appeared during the heyday of the Green Lantern phenomenon, dressed in his traditional fabric costume and clutching a lantern that really lights up!

Standing atop an asteroid-inspired base, Hal is joined by diminutive Corps member Ch'p, who is removable from the base and can be displayed separately.

This exclusive, limited edition, fabric and hand-painted resin mixed-media statue measures approximately 18" high x 10" wide x 9.5" deep, is packaged in a 4-color box with a 4-color Certificate of Authenticity and is manufactured to order.

Advanced-solicited; on sale November 18, 2009
Statue
$325

Wonderful! It's great to hear there is some solid news on this piece now.

This looks awesome, and I love the Ch'P! Have to see it in person first, but I would seriously consider getting this.

Too all the folks hating on Ch'p, I guess you hate this even more?
a-frog.jpg

Back