Green Lantern Corps movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wtGSWKj.gif

I just want a GL movie that is also, like, good.

tumblr_m6jsoaduQb1qlhhx4o2_r1_500.gif

It concerns me when the same names constantly pop up as screenwriters and I definitely have reservations about Goyer. I don't know what it is about the DC/Warner system but they don't like to take risks and it constantly results in mediocracy. Green Lantern was my favorite DC hero growing up. I was a Hal Jordan fan but John Stewart is second. While they describe it as Lethal Weapon in space, I hope they aren't going for the old space cop/young space cop dynamic. I prefer more of a buddy team-up with two guys in their early 30s, with strong personalities that sometimes clash, and maybe one-up each other with different tactics. Sort of a Crockett/Tubbs Miami Vice vibe. I think the old veteran training the young hotshot will wear thin and won't be as fun. In certain respects being a Green Lantern should be a fanboy dream -- fighting space crime, encountering aliens, romancing exotic beauties, wielding a magical power ring, and hanging out with your buddy who sometimes gets on your nerves. That is their answer to Guardians of the Galaxy IMO. Heck they even have a Rocket Raccoon (Ch'p) and Drax (Kiliwog), not to mention thousands of other aliens. For Hal they do need a Chris Pratt type. Chris Pine would have been perfect, but he's Steve Trevor. Stewart is a bit harder because they need the right tone and dynamic between the actors. Given the physiques of the actors playing Batman, Superman and Aquaman (not to mention the Rock as Black Adam) the GLs should be more along the normal fit 5'10" - 6' 170lb range. So no Idris Elba, who I like just not for this. Get the script down, get a talented hot shot director on board that is more of a James Gunn and less of a studio stooge, cast solid leads, get a good effects team, and the movie will rock and roll. Please don't disappoint.

Cruise too old and expensive, Hammer not a great actor, Reynolds has too much baggage. McHale is an interesting option, but I see it going to Cooper, if we're talking Jordan. Gyllenhall is a better choice for Kyle Raynor. McHale could be a great Blue Beetle.

Don't you dare take Gyllenhaal. He should play Moon Knight in a Netflix series, you hear me?! Kidding aside though, I don't see most of these happening. Gyllenhaal, like Gosling, ain't much for Blockbusters. Cruise is too old. Reynolds, well, I don't have to say it. Cooper is already in the MCU as Rocket. McHale I can't comment on, because he's way too unknown for me. Hammer is the only possible choice from that list IMO.

https://www.thewrap.com/hal-jordan-green-lantern-corps-tom-cruise-jake-gyllenhaal-ryan-reynods/

WBs shortlist:
Tom Cruise
Ryan Reynolds
Jake Gyllenhaal
Armie Hammer
Bradley Cooper
Joel McHale

Some of the choices are laughable, imo. I think Jake G. would be the best.

How the hell is Ryan Reynolds even a choice? Having him in the film legitimizes the previous GL film and will confuse people. I think the list is fake.

Joel McHale? That guys sucks.

Armie Hammer is box office poison and no one gives a **** about him. You don't get the Rock, Will Smith, and Affleck and then get Armie Hammer to lead a GL film.

Tom Cruise as a veteran Green Lantern could work and he doesn't age so that helps.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a solid choice, but I don't think he wants to make those big summer CGI films. He seems like the type of actor that wants to make real/serious films, but who knows?

Bradley Cooper isn't a bad choice. He isn't too young or old, and he's a versatile actor.

I'm surprised Ryan Gosling isn't on that list. He should be a along with Timothy Olyphant.

How the hell is Ryan Reynolds even a choice? Having him in the film legitimizes the previous GL film and will confuse people. I think the list is fake.

Joel McHale? That guys sucks.

Armie Hammer is box office poison and no one gives a **** about him. You don't get the Rock, Will Smith, and Affleck and then get Armie Hammer to lead a GL film.

Tom Cruise as a veteran Green Lantern could work and he doesn't age so that helps.

Jake Gyllenhaal is a solid choice, but I don't think he wants to make those big summer CGI films. He seems like the type of actor that wants to make real/serious films, but who knows?

Bradley Cooper isn't a bad choice. He isn't too young or old, and he's a versatile actor.

I'm surprised Ryan Gosling isn't on that list. He should be a along with Timothy Olyphant.

There's no way he'd ever do a Blockbuster. A CBM yes, something from the indies, like Transmetropolitan, Lucifer, or a street-level character like Question at best, but I don't think he'd do a Green-Screen heavy action flick.

Guy was in "Gangster Squad." So, he's not above taking a paycheck for a sub-par film.

Eh, that was still a grounded flick. He was also in "Crazy, Stupid Love". He's done comedy, drama, but he's never starred in a summer blockbuster. His filmography includes more "Lars and the real girl" flicks, rather than action-heavy ones. Like I said, I can him doing something like Question or heck, even Green Arrow if it played with the characters' political views, but GL? Nah.

There's no way he'd ever do a Blockbuster. A CBM yes, something from the indies, like Transmetropolitan, Lucifer, or a street-level character like Question at best, but I don't think he'd do a Green-Screen heavy action flick.

Gos just got awards for La La Land...he isn't doing anything like this

Gos just got awards for La La Land...he isn't doing anything like this

GL? Of course not. But like I said, if a good pitch came along, I can see him doing a lowkey CBM. No green screen and typical plots involved, something from the C/D/Indie books, where the best and most interesting material lies.

Back