Green Lantern Corps movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if tyrese is john stewart.

they better cast magic mike for hal jordan.

there's no point going half azzed....go full shat hits the fan mode with that team up.

Henry Simmons would make a great John Stewart GL, but at 6' 4" it would be harder to cast a Hal Jordan that could play off him visually. Not at all a fan of Tyrese for this role. Not crazy about Common either. They are both decent enough actors and Common is a brilliant musician but I just don't see them for this role. My bigger concern is that they are talking about the movie as a sort of Lethal Weapon movie. While I do like the "buddy cop" aspect of that, I don't want the old veteran and new hotshot dynamic that we've see in movies like Lethal Weapon and Seven. They would then end up casting an older black actor as John Stewart, such as Denzel Washington or Idris Elba (who would probably play it similar to Stacker Pentecost from Pacific Rim). Nor would I want them to go with an older Hal teaching a hotshot young recruit, a la Men in Black. If anything I'd prefer more of a Miami Vice or Starsky and Hutch type of approach, where both Hal and John are roughly the same age and best friends. That's not to say one can't be the hothead and one the more level headed. I think the "cosmic buddy cop" approach could work great, and to my knowledge this hasn't been done with a superhero movie. The partners could planet hop to exotic locales with cool aliens, beautiful women, powerful ships and weapons and shady characters, on a mission to track down an interstellar criminal. That would be better than chasing a cloud head IMO. I would like to see Sinestro in the mix, either as a senior lantern (if they ignore the last movie) or a recent turncoat who is maybe behind the scenes at the end and in possession of a yellow ring. It would be good to see Strong return as I thought he was the only good thing about the movie aside from some of the art direction of Oa.

I'd prefer that Warner/DC went with two unknowns, but that's probably unlikely. But then again Ryan Reynolds is one of the hottest actors working and GL tanked and he was woefully miscast IMO. There are plenty of up and coming actors in their late 20s-early 30s that would be great choices for Hal and John. Too bad Scott Eastwood has already been cast in a DC movie. I don't know if he can act, but he has the right look for Hal. I could see them pairing him with someone like Michael B. Jordan if they can scrub Fantastic 4 from the collective consciousness. I just hope they get GL right this time. Tone down the comedy, turn up the sci-fi, and make it an intense action cop movie.

Ryan Reynolds wasn't a miscast though, he was a very natural and logical choice for Hal Jordan, in fact, maybe even a little too easy, but of all the problems that movie has, and it has a butt load, RR's not one of them, perhaps he was a bit too goofy, but the director could have directed him in that regard, still not a serious flaw in his performance.

Ryan Reynolds wasn't a miscast though, he was a very natural and logical choice for Hal Jordan, in fact, maybe even a little too easy, but of all the problems that movie has, and it has a butt load, RR's not one of them, perhaps he was a bit too goofy, but the director could have directed him in that regard, still not a serious flaw in his performance.

I don't think RR was the right guy for the role to begin with...maybe the "it guy" at that particular point in time like so many actors are the popular choice to be in every film like Tom Hardy and Benedict Cumberbatch are at the moment, but that doesn't mean RR was the ideal choice. Also, I don't think RR had the right face to play GL. Even when I saw the trailer, just the trailer, I didn't think his face looked good wearing the CGI mask. It's like Chris Evans as CA, he doesn't have the face for it, and I don't see CA when I look at him, but the movies are good and he's serviceable in all of the films and getting better with each new film, doing a fine job playing the straight guy instead of a wisecracking character, which he can do well, and because of that I accept him in that role. Unfortunately, RR never looked good, had a bad costume, was in a bad film, and never had a chance to play the role in multiple films to grow on people and get better like Evans as CA.

You may not like the guy, but he looks just like Hal Jordan, that's undebatale.

300x400_1158.jpg

Of course Hal Jordan has one of the most generic looking faces ever, it's easy to find a guy who looks like HJ. I'm not saying he was the ideal choice by any means, but it wasn't a bad choice, and it wasn't by him that the movie sucked.

I guess the "ideal" choice is very subjective, I'll give you that, I don't particularly care who plays Hal Jordan as long as he looks like him and can act like him, and RR can do both.

And I don't think the animated suit was particularly bad, just unimaginative and boring, like most superhero movie costume adaptations, but not bad per say.

Ryan Reynolds was a very natural and logical choice, all the problems that movie has, and it has a butt load, RR's not one of them, perhaps he was a bit too goofy, but the director could have directed him in that regard, still not a serious flaw in his performance.
Totally agree.
I hate Hal Jordan but Reynolds made me forget that I was watchin' an origin story of the most boring Green Lantern ever. :lol

Totally agree.
I hate Hal Jordan but Reynolds made me forget that I was watchin' an origin story of the most boring Green Lantern ever. :lol
:lol

I think Stewart is more boring with his cool black dude always serious act, I don't know, I find GL in general very vanilla, but Hal's alright. I wouldn't mind if they used Stewart though, if they hadn't already picked Barry Allen as the Flash.

Id74I3Cmb_o.jpg

Can't argue with that doe :lol

I think Stewart is more boring with his cool black dude always serious act, I don't know, I find GL in general very vanilla, but Hal's alright. I wouldn't mind if they used Stewart though, if they hadn't already picked Barry Allen as the Flash.

Id74I3Cmb_o.jpg

Can't argue with that doe :lol

Al least we can all agree that he'll be a great Deadpool.

iTGaLVI.gif

Even though Reynolds been okay in a few dramatic roles, he's really more of a comedic/romantic comedy type actor. That's why I think he'll be great as Deadpool (he was even pretty good in Wolverine Origins until they sewed his mouth shut). And I always thought he would have been a much better Flash than GL. I think once Reynolds was cast as Hal it played more naturally to a lighter tone, and that's what you got. I would guess with this reboot they are going to go more gritty anyway to match the tone of Man of Steel and Batman. Bradley Cooper could pull it off but may be a little too old now but he would bring a broader acting range as well as the right look. Plus he's one of the few handsome, leading man A-listers not attached to a superhero franchise. So if they decide to go with a 30/40ish Hal, he would be a top contender (they could even pair him with Idris Elba). However given that the movie is 3-4 years off they may want to cast younger especially since they would also likely be planning for a sequel if not a trilogy. Chris Pine would still have been my #1 choice for Hal so it's kind of a letdown to see him cast as supporting character Steve Trevor. I also would be surprised to see them go after Liam Hemsworth, although I don't think he's as good or charismatic an actor as Chris.

:lol :lol :lol

I don't know if I can say Tyrese is a good actor, because 90% of the time I've seen him he does suck, but also 90% time I've seen him in those fast movies or transformers. The only time I've seen him outside of that he was actually very very good. I can't say he's a good actor based on one role though, and I don't think it's fair to say he sucks when he's starring in films where acting isn't a requirement.

Either way though, if they go with John Stuart, Idris is definitely the best choice, he has the look, the presence and is a great actor. The only problem is he's currently Thor's doorman in the MCU and he still has serveral movies left on his contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with Tyreese is that he's basically one character and that's the "urban" mouthpiece. He talks and acts like he's from the hood in practically every movie. John Stewart is basically as unhood as it gets. The way I look at John Stewart is basically the no BS father figure of the earth lanterns. If we get Tyreese it's gonna be all "I drew up these blueprints for you brah" and "Hal, I got dis cuz, no trippin"

Enough with the silly talk .. please. :lol

Taylor Kitsch isn't a bad choice for Hel, especially since he was passed up for Gambit. He's a good actor and has the right look, he just hasn't had any big hit movies which could be a knock against him. Jake Gyllenhaal is also an interesting possibility. He certainly has the acting range, but I always think of him as more the indy film, chameleon type actor as opposed to big budget blockbusters.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...s-writers-set-key-characters-confirmed-963818

The film will feature popular DC characters Hal Jordan and John Stewart.

David S. Goyer and*Justin Rhodes are ready to take the Green Lantern oath.
Warner Bros. has tapped the writers to script Green Lantern Corps, Heat Vision has confirmed.*

The film will focus on popular comic book Green Lanterns*Hal Jordan (who was played by Ryan Reynolds in the ill-fated 2011*movie) and John Stewart, one of DC's most prominent African-American heroes. The film is being produced by Goyer, with DC's Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing.

Goyer has been a key architect of the DC Extended Universe, with screenwriting credits including Man of Steel and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which he penned*after working on Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. He also served as showrunner on NBC's DC show Constantine.

In DC's comic books, Stewart was originally chosen by the Guardians of the Universe as a back-up to Hal Jordan's space cop in 1971's Green Lantern/Green Arrow No. 87. He'd go on to step into the role full-time in the mid 1980s, and has served alongside Jordan as a voice of reason ever since. Although absent from the 2011 live-action movie, the character has already come to mainstream attention as the primary Green Lantern in Cartoon Network's Justice League animated series in the early 2000s, and anchored the Green Lantern Corps comic book while Jordan took the lead in the Green Lantern title. Currently, both share the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps twice-monthly series

Back