Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just need to vent a little.

I ordered a set of series 3 Blackest Night figures from a place called Scifigenre. They figures were all listed seperately, but it was the set nonetheless. And they were all instock. I ordered them last Friday and I looked up my order yesterday and they hadn't shipped yet. They were 'waiting' on Larfleeze, the figure most people seem to want the most. So I email them asking what is up. They said their supplier listed him as in stock at the time, but sold out. So they issued me a refund.

I then email them to tell them to just cancel my entire order( so I can get a set elsewhere). Then I get a shipping notice tonight! I don't know if they didn't read the email yet or what, but I totally had zero say in the matter. I mean I should have at least been given the choice whether to cancel or just keep the three. So I had to find Larfleeze somewhere else and pay even more in shipping to get just him :rolleyes:

Aaaarrrrgggh! :banghead

I just need to vent a little.

I ordered a set of series 3 Blackest Night figures from a place called Scifigenre. They figures were all listed seperately, but it was the set nonetheless. And they were all instock. I ordered them last Friday and I looked up my order yesterday and they hadn't shipped yet. They were 'waiting' on Larfleeze, the figure most people seem to want the most. So I email them asking what is up. They said their supplier listed him as in stock at the time, but sold out. So they issued me a refund.

I then email them to tell them to just cancel my entire order( so I can get a set elsewhere). Then I get a shipping notice tonight! I don't know if they didn't read the email yet or what, but I totally had zero say in the matter. I mean I should have at least been given the choice whether to cancel or just keep the three. So I had to find Larfleeze somewhere else and pay even more in shipping to get just him :rolleyes:

Aaaarrrrgggh! :banghead

Sorry to hear that, man. I just called my local comic book store on release day and asked them to hold one for me. That way you're at least better assured and can get in contact with the seller easier.

Just ordered my Blue Lantern Promo Ring and painted the insides of my black silver.
Now I have black, yellow and red all properly painted and the same will happen to green, sapphire, indigo, orange and white.
:)

Sorry to hear that, man. I just called my local comic book store on release day and asked them to hold one for me. That way you're at least better assured and can get in contact with the seller easier.

My LCS has them, but they want $75 for a set. Most online places are around $55 plus shipping. So I'd rather save the $15 or so bucks with an online place. I normal just get a whole set, but this place only had them as individuals. It was the just a little cheaper than most sites for the 4 individually so I gave them a try. Too bad they can't count how many Larfleezes thay actually had in stock. Oh well. Never using them again.

My LCS has them, but they want $75 for a set. Most online places are around $55 plus shipping. So I'd rather save the $15 or so bucks with an online place. I normal just get a whole set, but this place only had them as individuals. It was the just a little cheaper than most sites for the 4 individually so I gave them a try. Too bad they can't count how many Larfleezes thay actually had in stock. Oh well. Never using them again.

God's balls. That's quite pricey on the one hand and truly unfortunate on the other. Rock and a hard place. Sorry to hear about your experience with them, and thanks for the heads up to the rest of us.

Made sure to secure one of these at my LCS, and I ordered one of these:
2znn14i.jpg

I ordered the green, orange & red shirts

I wish my LCS would get the sense to know MSRP isn't what people are paying for things anymore. They still have the 1st and 2nd series of figures too. It doesn't help they keep the figures behind the counter so people can't even look at them. Their loss.

I wish my LCS would get the sense to know MSRP isn't what people are paying for things anymore. They still have the 1st and 2nd series of figures too. It doesn't help they keep the figures behind the counter so people can't even look at them. Their loss.

Exactly. Still, a lot of people that don't shop around online and don't know any better. My LCS still manages to sell almost all of their Black Night figures.

What'd everyone think of this week's GLC? Anti-Monitor in the BL power battery huh? Other than that I wasn't that impressed by it. Hopefully GL this week and BN#8 the following week will be better.

Same. The Anti-Monitor was cool, but it seemed like mostly filler to show that those characters are keeping busy during BN.

I thought GL was a great read---do not want to see it end.
Will the black lanterns live after this?
Has a color of lantern ever been eliminated?

I didn't think black was technically a color though.

I thought it seemed like a filler issue to me. Big Sinestro reveal and not really much done with him until the very end. Everything else just seemed like busy work until they got to the final pages.

Today was the big day. The big finale!

Pretty awesome stuff. But I am disapointed we didn't get more answers/everything wrapped up. I guess they did that to get us to read the Brightest Day stuff. Anyone know if the issues of Brightest Day are just pt 1 of the series or if it is the entire series? If its the entire run, then I will get them, if its not, I'm not sure I want to drop another couple hundred on another series.

I enjoyed the ending, but it did seem a little lackluster. I'm looking forward to see what Brightest Day holds, but this time around I will not pick up and tie-ins. I thought most of the other Blackest Night books didn't do much for the main story.

so basically can anyone post or pm a synopsis of blackest night and what happened? I dont buy comics anymore but it sounds interesting

Back