Green Lantern---Blackest Night (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loved the ending and the return of some very special people who have been dead for the last few years or decades. And since Geoff Johns is taking over editorial duties, this now means that after these events, DEAD means DEAD. But wait...Ralph and Sue and Ted Kord--what's up with that? Now, we've got a revived, pissed off Anti-Monitor, a rejuvenated Maxwell Lord, and Hawk (Hank Hall) is alive and pissed! Arthur's back and Carter's got Sheira (SP?) too. Overall, this was a story that pretty much exemplified why when done right, the DCU is loaded, just loaded with the extraordinary. The Greatest cross over event since the original Crisis hands down. And just what is the ultimate fate of William Hand with the Indigo Tribe? Hell, William Hand's rumblings in Indigo speak talk about Parallax, Hector Hammond, Aquawarr, etc... Interesting.

Yeah, I was hoping there was someone out there that spoke Indigo like those crazy people that can speak Klingon :lol

By the way, we'll leave this thread stickied for about another week and then we'll let it drop off and just use the Brighest Day thread from then on out.

Is there a chronlogical list of the Blackest Night comics and tie-ins? I've got pretty much everything but the Flash tie-ins and a few others but haven't read past BN 2, I just piled everything together and figured I'd read it when it's over.

Evan

Lucky you.
I figured out one for myself. I think it´s pretty decent and will it helps you:

1 Green Lantern #43 (Prologue)
2 Blackest Night #00
3 Blackest Night #01
3a Tales of the Corps #01
3b Tales of the Corps #02
3c Tales of the Corps #03
4 Green Lantern #44
5 Green Lantern Corps #039
6 Blackest Night #02
6a Phantom Stranger # 44
6b Blackest Night - Batman #01
6c Blackest Night - Superman #01
6d Outsiders #24
6e Outsiders #25
6f Blackest Night - Titans #01
6g Starman #81
7 Green Lantern #45
7a Teen Titans #77
7b Teen Titans #78
8 Green Lantern Corps #40
8a Blackest Night - Batman #02
8b Superman - Batman #66
8c Blackest Night - Superman #02
8d Superman/Batman #67
9 Blackest Night #03
9a Adventure Comics #04
9b Adventure Comics #05
9c Blackest Night - Titans #02
10 Green Lantern #46
10a Blackest Night - Batman #03
11 Green Lantern Corps #41
11a Blackest Night - Superman #03
12 Green Lantern #47
12a Blackest Night - Titans #03
13 Blackest Night #04
13a Doom Patrol #04
13b Doom Patrol #05
13c Booster Gold #26
13d Booster Gold #27
13e R.E.B.E.L.S. #10
13f R.E.B.E.L.S. #11
13g Justice League of America #39
13h Justice League of America #40
14 Green Lantern Corps #42
14a Blackest Night - JSA #1
14b Blackest Night - JSA #2
14c Blackest Night - JSA # 03
15 Green Lantern #48
15a Blackest Night - The Flash #01
15b Blackest Night - Wonder Woman #01
15c Catwoman #83
15d Secret Six #17
15e Power of Shazam #48
15f The Question #37
16 Blackest Night #05
16a Blackest Night - Wonder Woman #02
16b Weird Western Tales #71
17 Green Lantern Corps #43
17a Suicide Squad #67
18 Green Lantern #49
19 Blackest Night #06
19a Adventure Comics #07
19b Blackest Night - Flash #02
19c Green Arrow #30
20 Green Lantern Corps #44
20a Blackest Night - Wonder Woman #03
21 Green Lantern #50
21b The Atom and Hawkman #46
22 Green Lantern Corps #45
22a Blackest Night - The Flash #03
23 Green Lantern #51
24 Blackest Night #07
24a Green Lantern Corps #46
25 Green Lantern #52
26 Blackest Night #08

Thanks much!

It's funny I remember a few months before they announced Blackest Night Dan DiDio saying that unlike previous "event" series this one would be more self-contained...Hah!

Evan

Originally it was supposed to be contained in only Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps and Blackest Night. What happened is the hype was building for so long, 5 years actually...that they wanted to take full advantage of the hype. If you read a few of the tie-ins they don't mesh with what is going on in the main books where some of the ones mesh perfectly. It was an afterthought for the most part including a tactic to raise sales of low performing books. You could get away with reading GL, GLC and BN only and get the most important parts. None of the other stuff connects directly.

I figured as much in regards to just throwing books in there for sales, they are a comic company.... it's crazy though how "Crisis on Infinite Earths" back in 1985 was much more self-contained but I could be fooling myself :)

I have most of the direct tie-ins like the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Titans, so I'll go with what I have, I really didn't want to backtrack and have to go out and buy anything I missed.

Evan

Honestly, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash AND Titans have no real bearing on the story. They have things that seem like they'd naturally add to the BN story but never pay off, especially in Batman and Titans.

Sinestro!? A White Lantern!? Realllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy!???

*runs back to Marvel brethrens*

Come on everyone loves Sinestro. Here's Hal Jordan turning into Sinestro: :monkey4

Doesn't quite look like a zombie yet:

hal jordan and sinestro blackest night action figures

ab1rhd.png

Hal Jordan turning into Sinestro? What? :confused:

Either way, I dig the WL Sin although I would preferred a brand new HS instead of a modified one.

Finally got around to reading it last night and was quite impressed with the ending. Can't wait for the Brightest Day to arrive!!! My White Lantern shirt will arrive on Friday!!!

My son and I are ready for Brightest Day...

WLOnesies.jpg

I still do though need to get the White Lantern shirt from Graphitti.

As soon as Brightest Day #0 hits on Wednesday, I'll be unstickying this thread :(

But Wednesday the 4 wave of figures should be out right? :banana

Anyone notice that when the dead were brought back in the gatefold, it was younger Boomerang? Not the fat tub-a-lard that he was when he died

Back