Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

The only thing I'm dreading about this game... is finding the time to play it. With the wife and 2 year old, there is no time. :(

Here's a instagram of someone who has a bunch of videos on the game.

https://instagram.com/jsticks11

Looks like they didn't "fix" this "issue" either that was in GTA IV. No idea why they left that in.

ilFo9PE49f5Ha.gif

How the hell did that dude get the game early?

I'm not judging anything from that video.
The amount of traffic changes throughout the times of the day. remember that

He could have easily swiped it from a store he works at since most stores have them already.

Developers send copies out to news organizations early all the time. It's probably that very reason this person has one. Typically they have a confidentiality agreement with the developer to not release any news until day of the release, but this way they can get a head start on putting their reviews together so it is ready on September 17.

There's a bunch of stores that have already gotten the shipment in but simply break the street date rule. There's a local pop and son game store in my neighborhood that has been selling their copies for the past 5 days. Friend of mine picked his copy up but since I have my PO on Amazon I'm just waiting for Tuesday.

If you have any local small game stores around you might want to check them out. They usually sell games a week or two before the release date since that's when they get their shipment in.

Developers send copies out to news organizations early all the time. It's probably that very reason this person has one. Typically they have a confidentiality agreement with the developer to not release any news until day of the release, but this way they can get a head start on putting their reviews together so it is ready on September 17.

If you watch the video posted a page back , they show the kid who leaked it , he's like 15 :lol

lots of people have access to early releases,independant retailers always sell 'under the counter'. every year on here ive posted a pic of previous cods that i get early and shall touch wood be doing the same tomorrow with this game!!

Last edited:

May contain spoilers, so watch at your own risk. It's an amazing video hosted by an F.I.B. agent. Really funny and makes me want this game even more.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiaPJSvQmo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiaPJSvQmo[/ame]

Dammit, that animation is sweet! The question is, was it intentional, or just a result of Euphoria (the same procedural animation used in GTAIV)? Either way, it makes me more excited to play this game. Nuanced, exciting and varied hand to hand combat is so hard to find outside of fighting games, and sometimes hard to find there, too.

On that note, it was really disappointing that Volition cut a lot of the hand to hand fighting animations from Saints Row going from 3 to 4. But I guess they did the same thing going from 2 to 3. I really miss the katana animations from 2. They would have spiced things up a bit with the energy sword in 4. That, and the beatdown moves (pressing L2/Left trigger right next to someone) from 3 would have been great to have in 4, especially if they suped them up a bit due to superpowers. The superpowered sprinting moves are great, but only being able to use them from a sprint is a bit of a drag.

Last edited:

Some of you kiddies might not remember.

[ame]https://youtu.be/msPrOIAVUZo[/ame]

Dammit, that animation is sweet! The question is, was it intentional, or just a result of Euphoria (the same procedural animation used in GTAIV)? Either way, it makes me more excited to play this game. Nuanced, exciting and varied hand to hand combat is so hard to find outside of fighting games, and sometimes hard to find there, too.

On that note, it was really disappointing that Volition cut a lot of the hand to hand fighting animations from Saints Row going from 3 to 4. But I guess they did the same thing going from 2 to 3. I really miss the katana animations from 2. They would have spiced things up a bit with the energy sword in 4. That, and the beatdown moves (pressing L2/Left trigger right next to someone) from 3 would have been great to have in 4, especially if they suped them up a bit due to superpowers. The superpowered sprinting moves are great, but only being able to use them from a sprint is a bit of a drag.

I know what you mean. I've spent a lot of time just watching that gif replay over and over. It's a subtle thing, but one of the more impressive things that I've seen in GTA V so far. It looks really natural with the animations and physics going on. GTA has always had weak hand to hand gameplay, but this simple gif has me curious to see more.

Back