Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V - September 17, 2013

Bigfoot%20cop%20car.jpg

:lol

No surprise ol Bigfoot makes an appearance.

Re: GTA V *Trailer Coming November 2nd*

inb4 female protagonist in London:lol

If the forum search tool is to be trusted, this is the only mention of London in the entire thread.

Is the idea of a GTA set in London really that unpopular?

Yes it is. GTA is more of a laugh at America thing. :dunno

London would be ummm avatars with bad teeth driving some nice sports cars and a bunch of little **** boxes.

From the Internets!!! said:
Game Informer has managed to get their hands on GTA Online. Digital subscribers can read up on it right now in their latest issue (October 2013, Issue 246). There isn't a ton of new information but a few points are reinforced:

GI October 2013 #246

Customization includes choosing mom, dad, and grandparents. Male and female avatars available.
You can choose your characters lifestyle which affects your skills
You can choose gestures (like flipping dual birds)
You can take pictures with your phone including selfies
During robberies clerks may be armed
When accepting a race invite you are seamlessly warped to the starting line with no lobby wait
Larger missions have a lobby where you can choose specific roles in missions (sniper, lookout, crew leader, transporter, etc...)
During missions your team has a set amount of lives
Over 500 missions currently
Passive mode protects you from harm by other players but is deactivated if you shoot your weapon
You can place bounties on other players if they kill/rob you
When at your safehouse you can do many activities such as having friends over, calling strippers, getting drunk, etc. More expensive pads have heist planning boards like in singleplayer
All safehouses have a garage but lower cost ones can only hold 2 vehicles while the most expensive holds 10
If other players in game are in a police chase you can watch it on Weasel News or even see it from your window
You have to unlock the content creator at a certain rank but should be able to gain access in an hour of playing
Created content can be ranked (as in rating how good it is) and Rockstar can verify it's awesome-tivity

WoWz killa!!

Then play gta london :rotfl. On a more serious note i don't want a HD gta era of london. Considering the game is made here in the uk as evilface said its a more of a pop at american culture these days.

Ya I get what GTA is all about but it would still be cool to have a modern GTA London.

Then play gta london :rotfl. On a more serious note i don't want a HD gta era of london. Considering the game is made here in the uk as evilface said its a more of a pop at american culture these days.

"The Getaway" for PS2 was GTA in London, sort of. Anyway I HATED the annoying British police sirens.

Yes it is. GTA is more of a laugh at America thing. :dunno
London would be ummm avatars with bad teeth driving some nice sports cars and a bunch of little **** boxes.

Making fun of America is getting pretty old. I mean, I like making fun of Americans as much as the next guy, and I am one, but seriously, it's starting to be like beating a dead horse. No reason GTA can't poke fun at Brits, too, especially with the Houser brothers being from the UK, who would be more qualified to do it?

Ya I get what GTA is all about but it would still be cool to have a modern GTA London.
I think a GTA in London would be pretty badass.

I concur. A change of pace would be nice. GTA in London has been done before, so there is precedence, in fact it's the only one of their 2D settings, other than GTA2's future city, that hasn't been translated into 3D yet.

"The Getaway" for PS2 was GTA in London, sort of. Anyway I HATED the annoying British police sirens.

The Getaway was not GTA in London, it didn't even come close. Outside of the cutscenes, that game didn't come close to meeting GTA quality standards, and didn't have any of the requisite satirical elements.

New York has to be the most overused modern video game setting, so now that IV is out of the way, if they continue to recycle settings, we at least get interesting settings like California, Nevada, and Florida, but really, Americans are probably one of the largest, if not the largest, sections of GTA's target demographic, and eventually, we'll get tired of playing in the same, old American settings. Some of us already are.

Besides, London has a criminal history and underworld just as rich, and ripe for exploitation in a video game setting, if not more so, than any of the settings that GTA has already done to death. If Guy Ritchie films can be successful in the US, there's no reason a new GTA:London can't.

They could even model the main character off of Jason Statham, maybe even get him to do motion capture and voice work. Who in their right mind wouldn't want to play a GTA game starring Jason Statham?

Last edited:
Back