Grand Theft Auto V

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GTA V

Ray is not in game (still could be Tommy though older voice)

Actors representative says he is not involved in the game
This morning, the Grand Theft Auto V trailer exploded on the Internet with a voice that sounds and a character that looks a lot like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City protagonist Tommy Vercetti, whether or not the voice was indeed Goodfellas star and Vice City voice Ray Liotta, and now we have an answer.

Ray Liotta's voice is not in the trailer. IGN reached out to Liotta's representatives, and they confirmed that the actor's golden pipes aren't in the trailer.

Ray is not in game (still could be Tommy though older voice)

Actors representative says he is not involved in the game
This morning, the Grand Theft Auto V trailer exploded on the Internet with a voice that sounds and a character that looks a lot like Grand Theft Auto: Vice City protagonist Tommy Vercetti, whether or not the voice was indeed Goodfellas star and Vice City voice Ray Liotta, and now we have an answer.

Ray Liotta's voice is not in the trailer. IGN reached out to Liotta's representatives, and they confirmed that the actor's golden pipes aren't in the trailer.

Could very well be that they hired a "sound-alike" to reduce costs on the game production costs. Just like movie sequels and such (most recent example is Mark Ruffalo taking over as Banner in the Avengers since negotiations with Norton fell through), they just hired someone who sounds LIKE Ray Liotta to take over the mantle of older Tommy Vercetti.

If it IS an older Vercetti, here's the possibilities:

-Hired a sound-alike with no intention of having Liotta reprise the role.

-Hired a sound-alike because fees/negotiations fell through with Ray.

-Ray Liotta's scheduling conflicted so Rockstar decided to hire a sound-alike to replace Ray.

-Both Rockstar and Ray Liotta (if that was him) are keeping rather "mum" to build up further hype for the game and its plot (which could still be going through changes).

-Hired a sound-alike for the trailer because Ray couldn't do it due to scheduling, but will be doing the actual game.

I do hope it is Tommy Vercetti. While it's always cool "building" up your GTA character through the missions and learning about them through the other characters and the overall plot, it would be nice to revisit someone like Tommy. Especially after all the work in Vice City, it's like revisiting an old friend in a new city and seeing how they've adapted. There's always the familiarity, but you notice how the environment may or may not have changed them.

Last edited:

If it IS an older Vercetti, here's the possibilities:

-Ray Liotta's scheduling conflicted so Rockstar decided to hire a sound-alike to replace Ray.

-Hired a sound-alike for the trailer because Ray couldn't do it due to scheduling, but will be doing the actual game.

I doubt Ray Liotta was busy doing something else.:lol

There are heaps of reports going around at the moment that actor Ned Luke could possibly be the voice and motion-capture actor for this guy...

gta-v-claude.jpg

The resemblance is kinda there...

ned2.jpg

But more significant is the fact that his voice is pretty much a perfect match to the one in the trailer...

https://www.imdb.com/video/demo_reel/vi174889497/

On a more strange note, Ned's Twitter account (apparently) was following Rockstar before it was suddenly deleted. Also, a woman who is said to be his "cousin", was tweeting just after the trailer debuted about how she wouldn't buy the game because she couldn't stand her "cousin" being in it.

Essentially, all this doesn't matter, but something has to keep us talking until R* give us more details :lol

Any new info? Seems like I can't find much...

Rockstar really has this under wraps... zero details about the game, characters, or even location (aside from obvious speculation from the trailer so far).

Come on Rockstar, give us at least a release date! :pray:

Rockstar really has this under wraps... zero details about the game, characters, or even location (aside from obvious speculation from the trailer so far).

:goodpost:

I wan't this game in 2012!

Hope it isn't as sluggish as IV. I'm pretty sure that game was constantly below 30 FPS or something on my Xbox.

I commend the game for having one of the most realistically animated worlds out there.

:lol I play GTA IV the most STILL outta my 50+ games. It's addicting, especially if you have friends that play as well. Hope V's MP is just as cool.

What are you serious? It's in Los Santos! (San Andreas)

The trailer has been broken down by some major Gamer Youtube shows like Machinima and GameStation .

They are thinking the main character is an older Tommy Vercetti that moved from Vice City to San Andreas .

There has been speculation that there could be multiple playable characters in this .

Bottom line - Its Definate that is a revamped entirely new San Andreas . I can't wait for this , I am a Die Hard Gta Junkie

May is a rumor that's floating around.

If that's true, i would expect another trailer within a few weeks...Month tops! (my $ is on OCT)

Back